Artificial nail structure course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait-ni-c

Reaction score
I seen this course advertised in a local college it’s city and guilds level 3. So far I’ve only done the gel nail polish training with gelish- creative academy.

I do want to do more training with them with their specific products. But just wondering if anyone else has done it and what they think of it. The more courses and education the better I think, or would it be better just to keep going with nail harmony.

Thanks

I seen this course advertised in a local college it’s city and guilds level 3. So far I’ve only done the gel nail polish training with gelish- creative academy.

I do want to do more training with them with their specific products. But just wondering if anyone else has done it and what they think of it. The more courses and education the better I think, or would it be better just to keep going with nail harmony.

Thanks
I done this course at my local college. I loved it, its a bit longer than some courses but gives you plenty of practice and more opportunities to ask your tutor if you come across any problems

I’m in two minds now what to do after talking to them. Also interested in doing manicure/pedicure. But it’s only through a beauty therapy. Also think creative academy does mani/pedi.

But thanks so much for the reply [emoji120]

If you want to progress through a range of different services you might want to consider VTCT qualifications. The level 2 Nail Technician covers mani, pedi, a choice of either gel or acrylic extensions (you can usually add on an extra unit to get both) and Nail Art.
Oddly it doesn't include gel polish application but that's what you already have from Nail Harmony.
You will also have salon safety and client care units too.

VTCT gives you CPD points, is not brand led and is recognised by all insurers and employers. Definitely worth hunting down if you can do it in your locality.

Thanks for that, don’t have it locally but is mani/pedi is included in a beauty therapy course I was interested in too. So think it’s a better option, no point in running before I can walk.

Didnt know you have to do CPD as a nail tech?

Lol, you don’t, but if you’re going to all the trouble to study you might as well grab them if you can, never know when they might be handy.

Latest posts

Back