Artistic Colour Gloss-Your honest opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
Hi all

We have been using shellac since it was launched (and loving it) and have been using Gelish along side. We have fazed out Gelish due to the inconsistent colours, poor coverage (sometimes needing 3/4 coats) shrinking when applying and also tough removal. We have attended the training and also 1-1 trouble shooting but still not happy with it.

We are trying to find an alternative gel polish and have read some good reviews on ACG, please could you techs give your honest opinions as to wether this brand is worth investing in? Does it apply nicely, is there shrinking issues, does it give good colour coverage and is removal easy?

Many thanks

I agree and had the same experience with Gelish.
Use Shellac and like you I love it. I had some issues with ACG like fading, esp the dark blue one (can't remember the name), but not as much as Gelish. Overall it's a OK line. Coverage is way better then Gelish. Some exceptions where you need 3 coats but that doesn't happen often.
I like LeChat better, as well as IBD Just Gel. Entity is very similar to ACG (they must come from the same manufacturer). I do not recommend IBD Base coat though.

I use ACG and since introducing it I have completely fazed out Shellac as everyone now asks for ACG instead. I love the colours all my clients comment on how they love the shine from the topcoat which lasts the full 2/3 weeks and I havnt had one client with chips YET since using it! They've lowered the price of it aswell since I first started buying it!

I've been using Shellac since it came out, love it but its not suitable for all. I especially have problems with myself even when I use IBX! I've been hearing such amazing things about Gel II that I've bought a few, I particularly like the idea of colour changing.

I just bought a few colours and a super shiny top coat, it can be cured with a UV or LED lamp so I'm able to use my Shellac lamp which was good as I didn't want to invest too much at this stage. I applied it on Saturday and its still great, although my Shellac is usually fine for up to a week - so I'm waiting to see.

You get it from The Creative Beauty Group and its on special pricing until 1/1 so may be worth a trial.

Karaxxx

I also use shellac but have bio sculpture gel too and have been testing gel polishes for the last year to bring in alongside and have found le chat perfect match and astonishing nails gelosophy to be my favourites (same distributor).... Heres the ones ive tried and what i found

NCO London gel polish- applies lovely but difficult to remove, no tacky layer so cant us with glitter and foils etc

ACG - applies ok, little bit runny, removal difficult, needs 3 coats of colour

GEL 11 - applies ok, needed 3 colour coats, glitter wasnt great with it, removal very difficult, thin consistency

Perfect match/ gelosophy - applies great, great colour coverage in one coat, can do all nail art with it, cures in 1 min in uv lamp, removes in l10 mins with no delamination to nail plate, great colours including glitters and colour changing, you get a matching normal polish with perfect match too, great price point

I wanted to find a gel polish that clients would love like they do shellac. I have hbio sculpture which is popular but some clients want something thin like shellac but with the longevity of a gel but that also was kind to nails and quick to remove with barely any buffing or heat needed for removal

I now use ACG & it's the only gel polish I offer currently.
-I really love the colour variety
-It removes really well with the remover which I only recently started using as I was using acetone before, a huge improvement on my clients nails & quicker, which surprised me.
-Removal is always slightly more difficult when a glitter has been used!
- There have been a few colours that are faders but these are exchanged usually. Although it's irritating it has only been a handful I believe.
- usually the consistency is perfect & quite consistent, but there are the odd few which are a little thicker or thinner.
- yes some colours do require 3 coats, I use a led lamp & I don't find this a huge issue timing wise.
-Any shrinkage issues I have or had are usually down to my base coat application.
- my hard wearing clients can last almost or 2 weeks.
My not so hard wearing clients can go 3 weeks & my one lady who will go 6weeks lol
Hth

I also use shellac but have bio sculpture gel too and have been testing gel polishes for the last year to bring in alongside and have found le chat perfect match and astonishing nails gelosophy to be my favourites (same distributor).... Heres the ones ive tried and what i found

NCO London gel polish- applies lovely but difficult to remove, no tacky layer so cant us with glitter and foils etc

ACG - applies ok, little bit runny, removal difficult, needs 3 coats of colour

GEL 11 - applies ok, needed 3 colour coats, glitter wasnt great with it, removal very difficult, thin consistency

Perfect match/ gelosophy - applies great, great colour coverage in one coat, can do all nail art with it, cures in 1 min in uv lamp, removes in l10 mins with no delamination to nail plate, great colours including glitters and colour changing, you get a matching normal polish with perfect match too, great price point

I wanted to find a gel polish that clients would love like they do shellac. I have hbio sculpture which is popular but some clients want something thin like shellac but with the longevity of a gel but that also was kind to nails and quick to remove with barely any buffing or heat needed for removal

Hi Souz

Can I ask you if you use the le chat base and top coat with the colours?

When I did the training at asu they recommended using the gelosophy base and top which I do but just wondering if there was a difference when using another base and top xxx

I use the ACG base and top coat the top coat is by far the shiniest hardest wearing I've used so far system wise. Application does vary depending on how you have applied your base if you've missed anywhere the colour will shrink back

Hi all

We have been using shellac since it was launched (and loving it) and have been using Gelish along side. We have fazed out Gelish due to the inconsistent colours, poor coverage (sometimes needing 3/4 coats) shrinking when applying and also tough removal. We have attended the training and also 1-1 trouble shooting but still not happy with it.

We are trying to find an alternative gel polish and have read some good reviews on ACG, please could you techs give your honest opinions as to wether this brand is worth investing in? Does it apply nicely, is there shrinking issues, does it give good colour coverage and is removal easy?

Many thanks

Have you tried using brisa lite smoothing gel underneath shellac this gives longer wear and more gel like strength x

Have you tried using brisa lite smoothing gel underneath shellac this gives longer wear and more gel like strength x

Beautyexperts we have used brisa smoothing and sculpting but it seems to chip very easily, which is a shame because it removes amazingly.

Beautyexperts we have used brisa smoothing and sculpting but it seems to chip very easily, which is a shame because it removes amazingly.

I've not had it chip on clients, they do get 3/4 weeks wear when using it, I'm in the process of transferring my bio sculpture clients over to brisa lite and so far so good. I will say before I did the brisa lite training, I were applying far too much smoothing gel as I would when using bio & it was peeling off, now I know how much it lasts well x

I'm in a similar position to the OP - I love CND Shellac, as a longtime, loyal client, as well as now being a qualified Tech and providing it to my clientele - but am starting to get a little tired with the colour choices and wear of it (even with the use of Brisa Smoothing Gel)...

My ACG and Louella Belle research is proving very positive and appealing, the only info I'm finding hard to obtain is the coverage of the glitter polishes!

Can anyone tell me what the coverage of the glitter polishes is like please!? How many coats for full coverage etc... Any pics?

Thank you! :)

The ACG glitter gel polishes give excellent coverage. I find a thin coat and then a good coverage coat is perfect.

I used Shellac since it was launched but also needed a gel polish brand. I chose ACG after looking into other brands. And I love it. Clients that Shellac isn't suitable on have ACG. The colour spectrum is fantastic including the new glitter colours they brought out for this Christmas. Neatly every client I had went out with one on. You do on the majority of colours need 3 coats but I do not find that a problem. I wished I had ground it earlier to be honest.i have around 35 colours in it, plan to expand more with Artistic this year.

Hi Souz

Can I ask you if you use the le chat base and top coat with the colours?

When I did the training at asu they recommended using the gelosophy base and top which I do but just wondering if there was a difference when using another base and top xxx

No i use the gelosophy base and top as i have gelosophy too

Latest posts

Back