Ash Blonde Highlights 2nd time around.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lush_luxe

Reaction score
In short. Saw a junior stylist and she gave me wonderful light ash blonde highlights & dark ash blonde-light ash brown lowlights. It gave a wonderful cool head of blonde hair. Nicely blended & very natural.

3 months later...saw senior stylist (same salon). Got roots done with instructions the same as last time. All colour great again. But for some reason she left me with 3 symmetrical thicker bands/slices of over apparent brown at the front. Not FINE enough.

So 3/4 of back and sides blended...and front 3 slices either side. Not natural.

Anyhoo went to differnet salon today. To get brown slices woven thru with blonde. But it seems the colourist took out the bleach prematurely. The slices are now strawberry blonde...and tho not bright orange...they are warm in conrast with my cool brown and cool light blonde.

Can I ask anyone here what the best thing to do is?
Is there a toner I can apply to those streaks without dulling down the rest of my hair (it's tone is fine)?
Will a silver shampoo help?
Or will painting in some at home ash highlights lift said few streaks to a cooler colour?:rolleyes::irked:

sounds like there was trouble getting the brown out . i dont recommend trying anything yourself , id go back and see what they can do ,it may be a case of just popping a couple of foils in the front - depending in what was used if they used a strong bleach to lift it up and it still came out warm -chances are that it may not take any more bleach ,it may be better to tone it or if it was a mild bleach then they may be able to reapply . i wouldnt do yourself because if any colour goes where its not supposed to ,its going to mess up your hair by being too ash or too light

Latest posts

Back