Ash blonde wanting a flat base 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgosney

Reaction score
OK this is my first post, Please advise, I have colour stripped a client to a nice ash blonde, from the roots to midlength, Her ends are a 8.34 ! she wants to tone the lot down to a 8.1 . . .
Now I know I am going to have to pre-pig the roots slightly, but any Ideas how to kill the warmth after that? the ends wont take any more colour stripper or bleach so thats a no no, I was thinking of maybe using colourtouch by wella on it. Not sure which shade and do I have to pre-pig still?? confused, only just started using wella, normally I would use Richesse but she doesnt want to go darker than base 8 . . .

OK this is my first post, Please advise, I have colour stripped a client to a nice ash blonde, from the roots to midlength, Her ends are a 8.34 ! she wants to tone the lot down to a 8.1 . . .
Now I know I am going to have to pre-pig the roots slightly, but any Ideas how to kill the warmth after that? the ends wont take any more colour stripper or bleach so thats a no no, I was thinking of maybe using colourtouch by wella on it. Not sure which shade and do I have to pre-pig still?? confused, only just started using wella, normally I would use Richesse but she doesnt want to go darker than base 8 . . .

There is quite alot of warmth in 8.34 so it might be tricky trying to neutralise it without using a bleach bath on the ends first.
You could use a very strong ash/matt shade on the ends, but as she wants to remain a level 8 you may find it could go too dark.

Personally, I would just give several protein treatments to strengthen the ends, and maybe give another weak bleach bath to strip the warmth out of the ends. You could then apply your 8/1 on the ends. :(

Help Help someone Please!! :(

Cheers thats what I suggested but she wants an even colour for the weekend! so what do you reckon on the ash tone on the roots? is it too risky to stick a straight base 8 wella on it? I had a feeling they have green in their bases? definately dont want ginger LOL !
Normally I would be inclined to prepig with copper/gold and flat 7 or richesse 5.15 but she doesnt want to darken it too much . . humm

Cheers thats what I suggested but she wants an even colour for the weekend! so what do you reckon on the ash tone on the roots? is it too risky to stick a straight base 8 wella on it? I had a feeling they have green in their bases? definately dont want ginger LOL !
Normally I would be inclined to prepig with copper/gold and flat 7 or richesse 5.15 but she doesnt want to darken it too much . . humm

This is difficult without actually seeing the hair.
Level 8 should not really go green. Usually this happens with level 7 or darker.

If her hair is porous, you could use a golden semi-permanent like Symbio or color fresh 8/03 Or yes you could use a demi like richesse or wella color touch as a pre-pig, then rinse, dry and apply your 8/1

I would still be inclined to mildly bleach bath the ends, as the warmth may show through the tint.

Cheers thanks I think I will go down the semi road :) and bath the ends again ! Many thanks again, wow its good to talk lol

Latest posts

Back