Ash blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolajade

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice please on achieving a nice pale ash blonde with medium brown pieces breaking it up
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465843982.803317.jpg
My client has previously coloured her highlight regrowth with a box blonde and came out with pretty orange roots which she hated. So I went in with bleach 3% and colour touch 6/0 medium weave foils to break it up. Toned afterwards with affinage illuminator. It looked much cooler but it's still not the white blonde /ash brown tones want.
3 weeks later it's looking more yellowy again and the 6/0 has faded out.
I'm thinking I need to maybe make a thicker weave with the bleach to try and grab as much warmth as I can and stick with a medium weave ash brown 6/0 again. I don't want to use an actual ash shade as its on such lightened hair.
Tone again afterwards.
What does everyone think about this?!! Any suggestions? I use wella mainly and am mobile so don't get to bounce ideas off anyone!
Thank you [emoji4]
Photos don't quite show the degree of warmth in the hair probably due to the flash, it's warmer than it looks.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465846172.864688.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465846184.455496.jpg

This is what we are trying to achieve

Anyone? I really wish I knew how to get responses on here, I've asked as nicely as I can and given my ideas, is there anything else I need to do?!!

I think you have the right idea .. Maybe it's your toner that could be the issue I would use illumina 10/1 & 10/69 and make sure she uses good shampoo afterwards to keep the brass away [emoji6]

Thanks I'll have a look at those shades in illumina, to be honest toning scares me so I tend to stick with what I know, it'll be good to try out some others.

This one is toned with illumina formula
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465905135.716017.jpg
10/1 & 10/69 and pastel left for 5 mins watch very closely .. [emoji108]

Would you recommend 10/69 as a toner on its own?

I used colour touch 6/0 + 7/0 ( three parts 6 to one part 7) alternate foils with bleach 3% toned afterwards with 10/69 illumina .
Really pleased with the cool blonde results and
Ive almost got rid of the awful orange band from her box colour. ( I can see bits of it as I'm fussy but it's not standing out like before)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465997842.572704.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465997856.970658.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465997868.618856.jpg

Thank you [emoji4]
She has a full head of extensions in so I was only working with the top section that she had tried lightening herself. I toned that whole section .
I've taken an extension home with me to try some colours out on it to see if I can add a few longer darker pieces , just a scattering but it would just finish it off.

Oh my ... That's is sooo much better!!! Well done [emoji108]

Thank you [emoji4]

I find it hard being on my own mobile sometimes, I usually know or can work out what needs to be done but just like to have someone else say yes that's right or maybe try this.

Thank you [emoji4]

I find it hard being on my own mobile sometimes, I usually know or can work out what needs to be done but just like to have someone else say yes that's right or maybe try this.
I am the same (it's only temporary until I build my salon empire [emoji23]) but seriously you've done a great job on this piece

Sending love [emoji8]

I used colour touch 6/0 + 7/0 ( three parts 6 to one part 7) alternate foils with bleach 3% toned afterwards with 10/69 illumina .
Really pleased with the cool blonde results and
Ive almost got rid of the awful orange band from her box colour. ( I can see bits of it as I'm fussy but it's not standing out like before) View attachment 198327View attachment 198328View attachment 198329
this looks fab! I've just been reading as I have the same client problem. which developer did you mix the colour touch with? x

I use the 4% colour touch developer . X

Latest posts

Back