Ash colours coming out warm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi folks this post is for my hair, not a hair pro but my cousin is she's not on here though, just looking for some help as none of my previous hair dressers or my cousin, or her tutors at college(she has 2 months till fully qualified) know what to do with me! Lol
So I'm a base 7 I have tried koleston 8/1 also with the grey mix tone, illumina 8/1 then colour touch 9/16, latest as goldwell I don't know the number but on the shade chart is was the ashiest 8 :D (all used with 6% 3% does'nt cover my grey) I also use fudge violet shampoo everytime I was my hair leaving it on for 5 mins and guess what my hair is still warm grrr. Funny thing is when my root comes through it's looks ashy! If I didn't have grey now I would just have my own colour lol As a non hair pro my only thought was it might have to be bleached up before, but I have no clue
I will be eternally greatful if anyone can help me achieve this <3

No offense but this is why we go to school for a long time. Chemicals are not something you want to mess with and it is best to leave it to a pro. This is a professional site for hairdressers to support each other.

No offense but this is why we go to school for a long time. Chemicals are not something you want to mess with and it is best to leave it to a pro. This is a professional site for hairdressers to support each other.

I quite agree but I am not messing with my own hair my cousin does it now and as she isn't on this site I would just show her what advice has been given I know squat about hair wouldn't dream of doing it myself! Lol x

Unfortunately because you are not a hair professional we cannot advise you what to use, even if you have said you will show your hairdresser what we have wrote we don't actually know whether you would or not. No offence intended but we cannot give that information out to a non hair pro, we get alot of people on here pretending to be pros to get information so you can understand why we are careful on here x

I've been a geek since 2006 take that does not deem me as trustworthy then ? :o lol I completely understand what you are saying, but honestly I've turned to my fellow geeks for help as nobody else seems to know what to do and this has been over a few years btw.... And 3 different hair dressers! Can you not just put it in total jargon ? Lol

We'll after years of no one being able to get the warmth out of my hair my clever little cousin has cracked it a matte brown with a green base! Have no idea what colour it is lol but quite shocked none of my previous hairdressers had come up with it... No more are your ginger questions! (I am not a ginger to start with btw lol) happy bunny :D x

Latest posts

Back