Asking for before pics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
How do you ask a client to take before and after pics without offending? If someone was to ask me I might think "are my nails that awful that you want a before pic??" Am I just being sensitive or is there a right way to ask? I had a client with horribly damaged nails last week and I new there was going to be a beautiful transformation after BL smoothing and shellac (which there was) but I was too shy to ask for before pics.

I just say oh wow what youve picked will look great can I do a before and after ? With a big smile :-D x

I just ask...Would you mind if I took a photo?

I think it depends on why you want to take one and then you can add that on to the rest of the sentence.

I have had a couple of clients now that have come to me from somewhere else and have had noticeable damage. I have said...It's really useful to have a visual aid to monitor our progress.

I don't think anyone would be offended by you taking an interest and showing enthusiasm for your job, over someone who sits there, does what they do, takes your money and says goodbye. Try out some scenarios and see what you feel most comfortable with. :)

Dont worry just ask

"Do you mind if I take some before and after photos for my portfolio?"

You are not being rude, you don't ask you don't get!

Thanks geeks, I will start asking :)

Latest posts

Back