Asking for payment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
As a mobile hairdresser I hate when a client forgets to pay and your putting your coat on wondering when they're going to remember to pay you, what do you say to remind them? Lol x

Just say so, that'll be twenty pounds please?! X

Maybe ask if they would like a receipt, I've just started out doing hair extensions and I find asking for payment the hard part x

Get a carbon copy invoice or receipt pad! I'm not mobile but am self employed in a salon and I give my boss an invoice at the end of the day.
Maybe when you get to the end, write out a receipt and hand it over? At least then you don't have the awkward moment if asking for payment? X

It's simple enough, once finished and packed to say "that's £x please".
If you find it hard, like I've said for other topics, distance yourself, your just an employee of the business, they way you may be able to be harder and not feel bad asking for
Payment xoxo

I am never embarrassed to talk about money. I say something like "Oh I haven't taken any money off you. I like you, but not that much" and they laugh (haha) and I say that's xxxx please. I think you just need to find a way to say it that you're comfortable with. Practice saying it, so you know how to word it - you may find you adjust it with different clients as well. With my dotty old girls, I say "ooh, we haven't done the money, and shall I book your next appointment?", and one of them says her pin out loud as she puts it into the machine lol x

I used to be the same, but I just say now "how would you like to pay?" It works and no one feels awkward. I've actually forgotten to take money before!

You''ll soon get used to saying "that''ll be xxx pounds please" you''re running a business, your customers know that, so they EXPECT you to say it :lol:

I hold their client record card that I've just filled in for that visit and if they seem to have forgotten, I get my pen as though I'm going to write on the card and say that'll be x please.

I normally get my purse out of one of my many bags and say 'ohh got plenty of change today if you need it, its xx all together please!' But I like how Squidgernetball says it! X

Once you've finished the hair, ask if they would like to book there next appointments, then say something along the lines of, that just £XX today then please as your giving them there next appointments

My client just came to me now and left without paying I'm shy to ask for money haha but she said she is coming today again to wash and cut I'm guessing that she will pay later on lol.

I go to he calculator and say "right let me just add up your bill" :)

I go to he calculator and say "right let me just add up your bill" :)

What if you don't need to add if up and it's just one service? Lol x

What if you don't need to add if up and it's just one service? Lol x

Try using an app such as ovatu for appointments, then get your phone/tablet out and say you'll just get the price up on the payment screen?

Or u could always say I have said this few times

Did I tell you how much it was? Let me check lol

When I was mobile, I'd occasionally even leave then have to go back on remembering, lol. But I'd laugh and say 'I've forgot to take any money haha, it's xx please' with a big smile lol

Or

'You almost got away with that one hahaa'

Or

Checking pockets, 'have you paid' or 'have I taken your money?'

It's an awkward moment if you let it be, they are expecting to pay as they know what you do, it's only awkward for you lol.

I don't get why it's awkward? Surly they know you want paying lol..I never feel bad taking a bill at reception..unless Its £120 one then I leave them with our apprentice (joke)

Latest posts

Back