At home nail gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mani5ha

Reaction score
Hi I'm not a professional nail person but i've been getting biosculpture done on my nails for a while now and am finding it quite pricey.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good quality UV gels that are out there on the market that i could use over my regular nail varnishes. I've noticed at the salon i go to, sometimes they use normal nail varnish and top it off with the biosculpture uv gel...

thanks in advance x

i should add that the main thing i'm looking for is something that will keep the colour on longer and doesnt chip, my natural nails are relatively strong and long xxx

Last edited:
hi and welcome to the site,the problem is that any product that is going to be suitable for this purpose is going to be a professional product and therefore you will not be able to buy it.
the only thing i can suggest is that most people find that any type of product on there nails such as acrylic or gel of any professional brand will allow a nail varnish to last longer as most people have the same problem with it chipping off there natural nails.
i use nsi products and my clients dont have any problems with chipping nail varnish it lasts untill they come back.
hope this helps abit.x

Hi I'm not a professional nail person but i've been getting biosculpture done on my nails for a while now and am finding it quite pricey.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good quality UV gels that are out there on the market that i could use over my regular nail varnishes. I've noticed at the salon i go to, sometimes they use normal nail varnish and top it off with the biosculpture uv gel...

thanks in advance x

i should add that the main thing i'm looking for is something that will keep the colour on longer and doesnt chip, my natural nails are relatively strong and long xxx

My advice to you is to buy a good quality base & top coat (and polish) and you will get a long lasting result

Thanks for your help... I think i'll loook into some good quality top and base coats instead, i just loved having the biosculpture done but can't afford it every couple of weeks and if it chips it puts me in a bad mood cos i've paid £35 for it! (lol)

Can anyone recommend really good quality top and base coat then? I have a Sally beauty supply near my house (uk) so i can check that out!

i really like opi nail polishes ive had some for years now and there still fine and ive found that they wear well.x

Creative all the way for me, lasts for ages and very shiny!

A good prep of the nail plate prior to the application of ANY polish, will make all the difference in the world.

- removing cuticle
- pushing back eponychium
- light buff to remove shine
- dehydrate with nail cleanser/sanitizer/alcohol/acetone

Then apply polishes from base, to colour, to top coat; in thin layers, allowing for a bit of drying time between each.

hth's

make sure you seal along the free egde of the nail with polish everytime as this will also help prevent chipping.x

Seche vite works really well...high shine and great durability:)

I always go with Creative lasts for ages and stays shiny!
I also find it hard doing prep, cuticle work on myself and the paint still stays on!
x

Thanks for your help... I think i'll loook into some good quality top and base coats instead, i just loved having the biosculpture done but can't afford it every couple of weeks and if it chips it puts me in a bad mood cos i've paid £35 for it! (lol)

Can anyone recommend really good quality top and base coat then? I have a Sally beauty supply near my house (uk) so i can check that out!

We need a Biosculpture tech to answer this as I was under the impression that Biosculpture was a gel and as such shouldnt chip? break maybe but chip?

Latest posts

Back