At my wits end with a client and her nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstruman

Reaction score
I have a new client who's been coming to me regularly since christmas but instead of having infills she bites her nails off and then has a new set put on everytime, i have explained to her that this is not good for her nails and she is damaging them but she wont listen, she was a bad nail biter before she came to me, anyway her nails are getting thinner everytime and im thinking of refusing to do her nails as im too scared to file them (blend tips) now they just look too sore but she doesnt care. Would any of you geeks refuse to do a client because of this or have any advice on what i could do for her nails,i havent got much experience with sculpting onto forms but am thinking would this be a better option ? ive explained the damage shes doing till im blue in the face it just goes in one ear and out the other.

I have a new client who's been coming to me regularly since christmas but instead of having infills she bites her nails off and then has a new set put on everytime, i have explained to her that this is not good for her nails and she is damaging them but she wont listen, she was a bad nail biter before she came to me, anyway her nails are getting thinner everytime and im thinking of refusing to do her nails as im too scared to file them (blend tips) now they just look too sore but she doesnt care. Would any of you geeks refuse to do a client because of this or have any advice on what i could do for her nails,i havent got much experience with sculpting onto forms but am thinking would this be a better option ? ive explained the damage shes doing till im blue in the face it just goes in one ear and out the other.

I'd refuse at this point. I'd rather she went elsewhere so she has someone else to blame when she rips her nail plate off!

I've had a few clients that have the odd relapse and get a stern telling off. but not ones that do it repeatedly.

I have recently refused to continue doing a clients nails though, she was an older client who had extremely thin brittle nails, stopped using her cuticle oil, was often picking at things with her enhancements, was forever having accidents and her natural nails were getting so thin i told her there was nothing else i could do for her.... she has gone elsewhere, they are now battling through the same issues and will probably also decided to call it a day at some point!

I have a client like this. She isn't a biter though she has spoon nails which are naturally wafer thin. And we can't get anything to last longer than 10 days on her. I told her to
Come every 10 days for an infill but she insists on going 4 weeks and when they come off she glues them back on!! Even after me warning her
Not too. So when I see her again her nails are sore. I told her I would stop treating her if she didn't listen to
My advice. And I wouldn't book her in for a few weeks to let them heal.

She saw my point of view after that as her nails weren't sore. And she had started taking iron tables as she is a veggie with a very poor diet and no one else in her family have spoon nails and I was taught spoon
Nails are either hereditary or iron deficiency? Not sure if that true but thats what i was taught she listened to me and her nails are looking pretty good now.

I had a client that did this very thing. This may sound horrible, but I did her nails for her until they became too thin to even hold L & P. Once her acrylics began popping off due to the severe damage of years worth of her biting them off, I told her she had done too much damage and I could no longer do her nails because my reputation was at stake.

There's a fine line here. When a client is an adult, they make adult choices. We inform them and then move on with it. We are in the industry to make money after all.

I let this client know the damage she was doing to her nails and the resulting damage that would be caused by continuing to apply new sets and have her bite them off. She chose to continue receiving new sets of nails. I informed her and then we moved on with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back