Attack of the greenies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
I need heeelp!
In 3/4 years of doing acrylics ive never had a client have a greenie unless they have admitted to glueing a nail back on.
All of a sudden a few of my clients have got them and I know they dont glue them, why is this happening?
I always sanitise and replace files regularly so I dont understand and it makes my clients feel worried even though I tell them its nothing bad as long as I take the nail off and sanitise it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you have a pic?

I don't :(
They arent small either, ill do an infill then by the time 2/3 weeks comes around this monster appears!!

Have you changed any products? It sounds like water is getting in a tiny space behind the acrylic and causing mould. It's harmless and will just buff off with a white block but could get worse if your client decided not to come back to you and just left it to fester.
You could try using a fine line of brush on resin around your Infill line after filing to seal any tiny lifting and then prime and infill as normal x

Have you changed any products? It sounds like water is getting in a tiny space behind the acrylic and causing mould. It's harmless and will just buff off with a white block but could get worse if your client decided not to come back to you and just left it to fester.
You could try using a fine line of brush on resin around your Infill line after filing to seal any tiny lifting and then prime and infill as normal x

I havent changed anything :( I use all Cnd.
The only thing I can think of is that the bacteria could be in my acrylic brush perhaps? But I haven't had any problems with my own nails

Thanks Rinn, ive had another read but it still doesn't make sense :( I always thoroughly scrub fresh too x

Bump

Would soaking your brush in mundo help? Pour acrylic out of pot and clean pot out? X

Latest posts

Back