Attacking the sidewall !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Today i spent lots of time practising,even down to sizing the tip i checked and checked again that it fit perfectly. :rolleyes:

But,i am so busy trying to get the enhancement sleek and narrow it now looks like the tip never fit at all. :eek:

I must have just gone at it with the abrasive. :mad:

Can someone please explain how to get it to look this way without me attacking the side wall . :)

Any help appreciated :hug:

:smack: should have been in main :smack:

Firstly I make sure that I remove the excess length from the tip, keep you file straight to keep the end of the tip straight, dont touch the sides til you've done this. For the sidewalls also make sure that your applying even pressure with your file otherwise you can remove too much, resulting in loss of your sidewalls. Go back to zone 1 of the tip and file the tip working your way back to zone 3. Once you have blended the tip you should have a canvas to put you product on. As long as you dont use too much product and sculpt with your brush then the finished nail should be fine. When finishing on the sidewalls hold your file vertically and straight on the side wall and file downwards, this should allow you to remove any excess without taking out your sidewalls. Hope this is what you were asking or I may have just gone completely off track

The sill thing is i blend ....... smashing ....... then when i have applied product i look and think too wide,lets sort it,before i know it i have spoilt it !

I don't know how to make them look narrower without ruining the lower arch.

My biggest enhancement bugbear is the width !

When finishing on the sidewalls hold your file vertically and straight on the side wall and file downwards, this should allow you to remove any excess without taking out your sidewalls. Hope this is what you were asking or I may have just gone completely off track

This is what i do,but it seems to look bulky at the natural fe so i start filling away,then when i am satisfied the front on veiw ( sorry can't think of how else to put it ) looks nice,narrow and sleek,well turn it on it's side and it looks like i fit the tip with my eyes shut !

I hope my explainations are making sense,because this is driving me mad !

Thanks xx

I understand what you are talking about Becki. My own nails fan at the free edge so when I put a tip on I do have to file the side wall in quite allot to try and stop the 'Egyptian hat' look. I too find that doing this give a pleasing look straight on but from the side it does look different!!

I can't offer you any advise though Chick as I still do it to mine, I can't find any other way around it xx

I cant remember who it was, I think Jacki that said when you tackle the sides think of an upside down flower pot, this has worked for me and I now have lovely stream lined sides no 'Egyptian Hats'. Hope this works for you.

I cant remember who it was, I think Jacki that said when you tackle the sides think of an upside down flower pot, this has worked for me and I now have lovely stream lined sides no 'Egyptian Hats'. Hope this works for you.

That's how it looks,ever so slightly,would you explain to me how to correct it please,i just cant seem to get it.

Thanks x

I get this problem on my own nails with tips, the best way I have found to stops is problem is to sculpt, so be brave girl and get those forms out:lol:

That's how it looks,ever so slightly,would you explain to me how to correct it please,i just cant seem to get it.

Thanks x

Becki have you tried filing at a 45% angle on the side free edge. This is what i do ,as I am filing the nail length I then place the file at a 45%angle underneath the free edge on the side edge and gently file away the extra width.This has helped me heaps.so as I am removing length I check to see how much width i have to remove give it a try. see how you go.
HTH Anne:hug:

Latest posts

Back