Auburn colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupcake23

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some help with a colour correction. Here’s the story.
My client has been coming to me for ages (natural level 6 and 20% grey) and I’ve been using a 50/50 mix of Matix socolcor 5CG and 7CG (20 vol) at the roots, and color sycn 6CG on the mid-shaft to ends. It was a really nice auburn colour, but she wanted something closer to the attached picture. Her existing colour was simialr, but it was coming out a little darker and not quite enough copper.

My intensions were to make it 1-2 levels lighter and bump up the copper. I started with using some Matrix Colorerase to take out some of the existing colour, then followed with a protein treatment.

Now here is where I think I went wrong. I applied all-over 1part 7CG and 1 part 7CC (Socolor). It ended up being too light and the copper had a slightly fluorescent quality to it. So, to tone it down I followed it with 15min of 6CG colorsync, which definitely helped. Though there was still a hint of that electric copper showing through.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. Now the colour has settled at a true level 7, but it just looks like a dull/tired copper/blond. It is also a slight muddy purple tone at the mid-shaft?

I am a bit unsure about what to do next to get her to the colour in the picture. I am thinking 2 parts 7CG and 1 part 5CG? I think that will get me to the right level, though perhaps I would need more copper?

Please help!

Attachments

• Emma-Stone-Auburn-Hue-200x300.jpg
    Emma-Stone-Auburn-Hue-200x300.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 423
Someone more clued up on matrix but to answer this, but I'm
sure 2 parts of 7 1 part of a 5 makes a 6 anyway so you might be back to where you started.

Copper goes purple over pourous hair so that's a sign that then ends have been through the wars slightly so be careful on your colour choices.

Can you not try just using 7C? Maybe add a bit of a WN shade into your copper semi for the ends so it tones the fluorescence down?

Can you not try just using 7C? Maybe add a bit of a WN shade into your copper semi for the ends so it tones the fluorescence down?

I was going to say the same thing .
Looks more like a 7c .

Latest posts

Back