Australian Bodycare: Hy-Wax System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbar

Reaction score
Does any body have any advice on the Hy-Wax System please?
I can't seem to find how much the kit actually cost, without contacting one of the Area Sales Rep. Also, maybe I'm being stupid but the website isn't clear to me. Wax is in a tube, but I can't see a roller applicator...how does it actually work? Do you know how long those tiny little tubes last?

I'm in the process of going mobile and as much as I love my spatulas, I do want to save the hussle of the mess!

Your help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks all again.
Starbar. :)

Australian Bodycare products are not available anywhere other than through an area distributor.

You do not have a roller, you insert the tubes into the heater (4 at a time) - you turn them up to melt, regulate the heat once melted and when you use it you apply an applicator to the end of the tube and apply onto the clients leg, u/arm etc. When the treatmetn is complete you dispose of the applicator head and replace the tube back into the heater.

Its a great system to carry out hygienic waxing and for mobile purposes ABC also supply an in-car charger for the wax to remain melted whilst in transit.

it you contact your area distributor they will happily send you some info and costs - The heater is approx £59 and the tubes vary in price - approx £1.60 each - hth :)

Hi Roxy68.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Would you reccommend any other waxing kit best for mobile work?

Starbar

Hi

not sure exactly how much the cost of the waxpot is but I used to have one. When you buy the waxpot as part of the kit you will recieve individual applicator heads. You take the tops off the tubes of wax and screw on the applicator heads. When you go to wax someone you simply hold the tube at a 45 degree angle and squeeze gently and the wax should flow through the nozzle and be spread easily onto the area to be waxed. When you are finished with each client simply unscrew the applicator head and discard. A new head is used for each new client for hygiene purposes. I think the idea is very good but in practice there can be a few pitfalls. For starters the wax takes ages to heat up which can be an issue if you are a mobile therapist. My first one broke down just two months after I bought it and I have heard many others say that it blew the electrics in their salon! Not good if you are going to someones house! Also when you see it being demonstrated by the trainer or at exhibition shows they make it look so easy and I do believe some people are better at getting the hang of it than others but it can take a lot of getting used to. Also in order for the wax to flow smoothly through the nozzle the wax has to be at a fairly high temperature so there is a real risk of burning someone. (the company will tell you this is not possible because the wax goes on so thinly but I think it is a real possiblity)

Also it can be difficult to regulate the temperature of the wax tubes. The plastic tube can get too hot for you to handle but if you let the wax cool down too much then when you go to apply the wax it can drag the skin which feels uncomfortable to the client.

On the plus side the system can be very efficient for waxing legs. If you are confident at working with it then you could easily do a half leg in about 10 -15 mins. And it is very economical as the wax is spread on so thinlly. The tubes are 75ml and they say that should do approx 3 half legs or 1 full leg, bikini and underarm. However you always get some wastage as it is difficult to squeeze the last drop of wax out of the tube. With the kit you should get various different sized applicator heads, large for legs and bikini and small for eyebrows but in reality I think this system is only good for waxing large areas such as legs.

Hope this all helps

Hope this helps

Great tips Jinny...Thanks!

I'm loving this site...only joined tonight and have found people to be very helpful and friendly.

Are you a spatula girl or a roller girl? Do you think roller is best for mobile work?

I'm so confused!

Starbar

No probs Starbar,

I have used Hive rollerball - not easy to clean and didn't really get on with it.

I can only speak as I find, and to be honest the Hy Wax does need to be played around with when you first have it but I use it all the time and never experience any problems, it applies to large and small areas and I do all my treatments with it.

Like Phd and any other tube system you always will get a small amount of wastage at the end of the tube but its a small price to pay for hygiene and avoiding cross contamination.

I had 4 Hy Wax systems in my salon and not one of them had electrical problems and the wax pot took just as long to warm up as a regular wax pot.

When buying a new system have a good look at what various suppliers offer and don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions.

Whatever you decide I hope you find the right system for you.:)

hi
have to say im a spatula girl and wouldnt have it any other way. have used roller wax in the past and found it great for large areas such as legs and back but didnt like it for other areas, im mobile at the moment so the only down side of pot and spatula is transporting it in the car
ciara

I too use the ABC tubes for waxing and have previously used the pot and spatula method for strip waxing. ABC is great, so quick and easy but is little bit more expensive but it is more hygenic and I found it quicker. Glad I didn't throw out or sell my Hive 1000cc wax pot though. Just found out about Hot Waxing and it's great.

HTH

Latest posts

Back