Aveda vs Wella/L'Oreal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Just popping over from Skin geek with a personal question!

Is Aveda Colour less harmful than getting colour done with Wella/L'Oreal/ETC?

I need to get my greys sorted professional and tend to shy away from chemicals in skin care...

Many thanks hair geeks!! :)

Just popping over from Skin geek with a personal question!

Is Aveda Colour less harmful than getting colour done with Wella/L'Oreal/ETC?

I need to get my greys sorted professional and tend to shy away from chemicals in skin care...

Many thanks hair geeks!! :)

I have never used Aveda as a colour choice, but I have used L'Oreal and Wella.

L'Oreal was for me, disappointing, the colours were heavy, and flat, and didn’t cover the greys very well. But that’s just my opinion.

I use Wella as my main colour choice and I love it! There is a lot of colours to choose from, it’s not badly damaging and provides more shine than any other colour brand out there! It is also 100% grey coverage. So personally for me I would use Wella. :D

I have worked with L'Oreal, Wella and tested Aveda-as well as an Aussie brand DeLorenzo (mainly organic colour)

Aveda and DeLorenzo for me were not brilliant on white, I think sometimes you have to accept yhat chemicals are needed. I'm a massive wella fan, I think the technology in the product is better than L'Oreal and achieve better results.

Many will disagree and vice versa everyone has products they love!

I have used all three! Wella and loreal are brill but both have ups an downs to them! Aveda colour I didn't get along with! I just found it didn't give that lasting shine with the permanent and it was quite harsh on sensitive scalps! :( x

Gosh, that doesn't sound good for Aveda! They promote themselves as so natural so to hear they are harsh on the scalp is especially worrying!

Thanks ladies!
x

Gosh, that doesn't sound good for Aveda! They promote themselves as so natural so to hear they are harsh on the scalp is especially worrying!

Thanks ladies!
x

I'm presuming it's because of the beeswax base that irritates and all the essential oils in them!

God I'm surprised to see aveda getting slammed I've only ever heard good things about it :/ but I can imagine the grey coverage isn't brilliant with almost 100% natural product.

I love wella and I love loreal. We use wella at our salon. I Like loreal for their bleach and their toners and I also like the fact they have a colour range for everything also they're always bringing new products out. But, wella is just brill plain and simple. Colours are rich, shiny, true to tuft(non of this one shade lighter or one shade darker business). Colour touch to this day is the best quasi I've ever used by far. The downfall with wella is the toners are pretty unpredictable I find anyway.

We're actually considering changing our bleach products and getting a few toners from loreal to use in the salon.

God I'm surprised to see aveda getting slammed I've only ever heard good things about it :/ but I can imagine the grey coverage isn't brilliant with almost 100% natural product.

I love wella and I love loreal. We use wella at our salon. I Like loreal for their bleach and their toners and I also like the fact they have a colour range for everything also they're always bringing new products out. But, wella is just brill plain and simple. Colours are rich, shiny, true to tuft(non of this one shade lighter or one shade darker business). Colour touch to this day is the best quasi I've ever used by far. The downfall with wella is the toners are pretty unpredictable I find anyway.

We're actually considering changing our bleach products and getting a few toners from loreal to use in the salon.

Wella is not true to swatch! And quasi wise they fade rapidly

I think they are, i haven't known one turn out much different tbh. I rarely use permanents because I find they last just as long, the only time I use
Permanent is over 70% grey and/or lightening. The amount of clients I've converted from permanents to quasi is unreal and they are so much happier with the Results. Each to their own though.

I have heaps of fun tonning with wella, colour touch plus is also beautiful and I do find very true results. Aside from not liking Aveda colour I found the products on the whole very heavy on most hair types.

I think they are, i haven't known one turn out much different tbh. I rarely use permanents because I find they last just as long, the only time I use
Permanent is over 70% grey and/or lightening. The amount of clients I've converted from permanents to quasi is unreal and they are so much happier with the Results. Each to their own though.

Hey have u Tried using a porosity equaliser prior to tonning like blonde conditioner-it helps ensure and even result with your tonner :)

Yeah I've use all sorts haha. I have had good results with the toners but you do have to mess about quite abit, like i used to do my friends with 10/8 on prelightened hair and I used to be sooo careful not to overlap the slightest or it'd have a vile blue tone to it.
Whereas with Luo P01 I can Apply it with no worries and it goes gorgeous every time :)

I'm a loreal lover, worked with them for 10 years and think they are fab! Second to them I'd go for schwarzkopf, never used Aveda though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back