Avon facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyltaylor88

Reaction score
What do you guys think i have my own beauty room been up and running for 3 months and have just started doing avon on the side would it be professional to use their products for my own facials?

It may depwnd on insurance hun but its not something id consider doing or having done. People go to a therapist for facials with professional products and something they cant do at home so using a 'home brand' kind of defeats the object, in the same way a client would prefer a professional nail polish as opposed to one they can buy over the counter.
Dont get me wrong i can see why you would want to do this to promote product sales but ad i said its not something id consider x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

If you want an honest answer then probably not.

It wont be cost effective for a start as everything is retail sizes and what incentive is there for anyone to pay for a treatment when they can use the same products at home for themselves.

There are many professional ranges available which will give a great result with cost effective sizes and prices.

But if you feel you wish to go ahead with using Avon products please only use Avon, there's nothing worse than therapists mix and matching brands where there's a product gap.

I agree with think pink, Not something I would consider either, I too see where your coming from though but I think that you clients will just see you as an Avon lady not a beautician and that may be detrimental to your future reputation if you get me. Not that I a knocking Avon perse its just that it isnt exactly a proffessional salon brand. Unless you were planning to do mini treatments at Avon pamper parties maybe that wouldnt be too bad but otherwise I wouldnt.

Nicola

Totally agree after hearing your views defanately a no ;-)

Maybe it's an undiscovered niche market, using their products which are readily available and instructing the client,(they could still come back as it's nicer to have someone "DO IT" to you, rather than do it yourself.

I used to be kinda anti-Avon ... ding dong and all that stuff, but I find their products pretty good (Thank Avon for the ANEW range), they spend mega bucks on R&D and have been around longer than many other brands ..... there has to be a reason behind it.

Maybe you could market it as separate from other products and services ... an alternative if you like.

Personally I dont think its a good idea. I wouldnt go back to a salon that used avon products, I would want a really good quality professional brand that you cant buy as a consumer. I would stick to selling the Avon and use another product for your facials

Clients want something that they can't do themselves.

I understand that (for eg) Clarins can be used at home but they have professional only products too and Avon doesn't have this.

It's a tricky one as I'm in a similar situation. I'm a consultant for The Health & Beauty Company and I also use the collagen skincare range for my facials. I feel happy doing this as it is salon graded and is a high end range.

I retail tons of it to clients so receive 40% discount on my purchases so it seems cost effective. Having said that I do wonder if its the right thing to do as why would they then come back for another facial having bought the products to use at home?

I do think its to do with "someone doing it for you", like people coming for manicures and nails painted, all of which you can do at home. I would just be careful as there are tons of clients that can't use Avon ( I used to rep for them a while ago and heard this so many times) so you may be limiting your client base? How about retailing it as an aftercare range instead?

Latest posts

Back