AVON Instant Manicure, any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairegiz

Reaction score
Hi to all,
Ive just had an Avon book put through my door and in it there's some strips of polish that you stick straight onto the nails and break off at the tip. It says its a world first. They're £5 but seem too good to be true. Has anybody tried them? Don't wanna waste my money if no good. Ta Claire

I have...couldn't get on with them. But I think there was a thread about this a while back anda few peeps liked 'em. x

Hi

I tried these! They are a lot harder to do than the advert makes out. You only have enough for 10 fingers and then they are finished so it works out really expensive compared to a bottle of nail varnish.

They were good fun but they didnt give a nice finish as it is just so fiddly and sometimes they stuck and sometimes they didnt. It was a bit like applying foils in nail art but you don't have to use glue. You just rub them on and then pull them off at the free edge.

I wouldnt buy them again purely because of the price.

Hope that helps a bit

andrelax said:
I have...couldn't get on with them. But I think there was a thread about this a while back anda few peeps liked 'em. x

ya ive just had a look at related threads (sorry im still getting used to the site) and seems there's mixed reactions about this product

I tried them and I did not get on with them, they peel off and are in my opion bad value for money. I did send an unopened pack back to avon but have had no reply. I cannot believe they last for 14 days. Very disappointed.:irked:

I have tried these but got them on a special so didnt pay £5.00. What I found was that you have to use them on a clean base free nail or they simply don't work. When I done mine they lasted just under 2 weeks and it was only because I took them off. I found they went on fine and was great in a hurry as no drying time. But the price does put you off. Ask your Avon rep for samples before you buy as they should have some for you to try.
Samiejoe xxxx

samiejoe said:
Ask your Avon rep for samples before you buy as they should have some for you to try.
Samiejoe xxxx
yeah good idea i will grab her when i next see her

Latest posts

Back