Awkward client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nishi85

Reaction score
Hiya all

Oh my gosh I'm so nervous... I've got a client booked in on Thursday and once I'd taken some details for her alarm bells started ringing.... it appears that this client is potentially my husband's ex! ! Awkward! ! So I've got to go there and I'm thinking how do I act (apart from professionally) if the subject gets bought up.

What would you do? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Didn't want to read and run

How awful for you. Not really got any advice but just be calm and professional (and stunning :D) and remember you bagged him in the end lol. At the end of the day, if you're both grown ups about it everything should go absolutely fine. If you're really uncomfortable about it you could always cancel the appointment. It's up to you if you want her as a client after all.

Good luck

X

Thanks for replying. Yeah I think I'll just act as if she's any other client. She is potentially a money maker too as she's getting relatives to have treatments too. It's just nerve wrecking! !! Xx

This happened to me! It was fine actually. Until she turned wacko and started to not pay me and show up drunk with her kid and wanna ride home. Awkward lol, I should have listened to my hubby. Now every once and a while I trade nails for hair with a girl my husband used to see. She is normal and nice and we got no issues :)

Just ask your man, see for sure if it is her LOL I would. I got no shame ill talk to my hubbhubb about anything :o)

Hi jocie that scared me lol. My husband did say she is a nice girl and not the aggressive type. Her brother hates my hubby for breaking her heart though! Lol

I would call her and be really friendly but ask her outright, adding that it's no problem. It wouldn't be fair to let her turn up and find out for herself. It could be very difficult for both of you.

Something like a call saying 'Hiya. Look, this may sound a bit odd but did you used to be the girlfriend/wife of X? If she says no, just say that you thought you knew her and leave it at that. If she says yes, then say 'It's not a problem at all and it will be lovely to meet you, but just wanted you to know up front that I'm dating/married to him now and I'd hate you to feel awkward'.

Hiya sorry for the late response been mega busy so.... I went and it was fine she was lovely too and brought me more clients. She talked about my oh but as an old friend not ex. Phew lol

Thanks for all your help guys x

Latest posts

Back