Awkward client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophily93

Reaction score
So im dure we all have that one client thats a relative or friend that you can never do right by but because your close you always give in, well one of my clients has had her pre bonded extensions in for 7 weeks, she emailed me the other day saying that her scalp was red and sore and her extensions where matted, now iv never had a problem before with any of my clients, she has agin messaged me today saying shes been to see someone and they have said shes has a reaction to the glue, this is where I need your help, should I remove them for free? Is it my fault could I have prevented it? And would she not have had a reaction in the first few days/weeks rather than 7/8 weeks later? Help geeks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm no hair or extension expert but yes, I would expect an allergic reaction to happen during the first few days. That's why patch tests only have to be done a few days I'm advance, because if there to be a reaction, it would present itself quite early.

Like I say, I'm not an extensionist so, I'm sorry, I can't help any further.

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon!

After this length of time you should be charging for removal.

Also, you can't diagnose the problem without seeing them first. She could have tried to colour her hair and caused the problem herself for all you know.

I'm also wondering why she has gone to someone else?

Did you give aftercare sheet?

If its all matted its likly tugging and making it red, bobbly and sore.

As above time to have them out and charge for this service as usual.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

If this was an allergic reaction it wouldn't have taken that long to come about.

Sounds like possibly tension and aftercare problems.

Who is it she's seen anyway ? Are they a qualified health professional ?

I would have an appointment with her and go from there.

If I found there really was an allergic reaction I probably would remove for free. Having said that I would make sure she isn't allergic to any remover you may need to use if they are fusion bonds x

So iv been busy with work and not had chance yo see her yet and she is now saying that she is taking me to trading standards and small claims court as the hair is matted and her head is sore, I explained the fact that the matting is due to aftercare and the hair is likely to be pulling on her head if its matted tbh she was very violent in her message saying she was going to '**** up my business' and now I dont even want to see this woman to make a removal of these extensions! What should I do??

Ignore her.

It's been 7 weeks before she got in touch! Trading Standards won't be remotely interested.

To win in court she'd have to prove you are responsible for her scalp issues. Impossible after such a length of time has elapsed.

Last edited:
So iv been busy with work and not had chance yo see her yet and she is now saying that she is taking me to trading standards and small claims court as the hair is matted and her head is sore, I explained the fact that the matting is due to aftercare and the hair is likely to be pulling on her head if its matted tbh she was very violent in her message saying she was going to '**** up my business' and now I dont even want to see this woman to make a removal of these extensions! What should I do??

She doesn't have a case keep that message and anything else and get her done for harassment if she continues ! X

She doesn't have a case keep that message and anything else and get her done for harassment if she continues ! X

Yep....and liable, slander, defamation of character....

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Thank ypu everyone

Hello girls iv woke up to this message this morning
Sophie this is ur final chance to reply coz believe me ill be coming to visit u at work today with the national paper!!!
You either give me a full refund or we are taking this to court!
You have totally and utterly ruined my hair wen u was bonding the glue u was rubbing whilst melting n thats wats caused my matting
So ill wait for a reply till about 10.30-11am then ill be on my way
And yeah ive been to speak wi my soloicitor n got a very strong case!!!

Sophie this is ur final chance to reply coz believe me ill be coming to visit u at work today with the national paper!!!
You have totally and utterly ruined my hair wen u was bonding the glue u was rubbing whilst melting n thats wats caused my matting

You're supposed to rub the glue?

Charming client!

Either ignore her completely or tell her you're call the police if she threatens you again.

She sounds like an intelligent cookie :eek:

How do you plan on managing the chaos she is obviously planning at your place of work? I hope you don't work alone and that you have someone who will support you with this.

Yes you are supposed to roll the glue, I didnt actually fit the extension at my work I did them when I was mobile so it has nothing to do with the salon wer I work now and iv told her that if she does turn up she will be asked to leave and if she doesnt leave the police will be called I have also had her mum writhing status about me on facebook! Im sick of it and now I dont want to go to work incase she shows up

I send this:

It has nothing to do with them you had 20 stands left to fit which I said I would give you, im only saving you the drive up because if you do turn up they will only ask you to leave and will call the police if you have got a case against me then please carry on with it and let the solicitors sort it as coming to the salon and threatening me will effect your case and iv spoken to my management the police will be called if you refuse to leave and also the slander messages you have been sending me will go against it iv offered to repay you £70 if you dont want that then I think we should both leave it to the solicitor to sort

I have recived this as a reply:

£100 including the hair?

don't even offer that.. as everyone else said she can't have a case after however many weeks it's been! save yourself £100! tell her you'll take 10% off the standard cost of removal 😂

This is ridiculous, if the problem occurred a week after then that would be more understandable but not 7 weeks later!

I would not worry about it don't let it get to you just don't reply to her or if you do make sure you remain polite and professional and then if she wants to take you to court then let her- she will not get very far.
It cannot be an allergic reaction as stated above it would of reacted a lot sooner.

Also I'm sure national paper would not be interested in this story, there are a lot horrible and important things happening out there.

Good luck and I hope this all gets sorted.

Latest posts

Back