Awkward client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you the only reason why im stressed is because everyone knows everyone wer I cone from and with her mum putting things about me on facebook its hurtful! Especially when I no the matting has nothing to do with me or my hairdressing skills but no one knows my side of the story! Shes just bombarding me with question marks now as iv not replied im just going to call the police if she comes to my salon xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not a hair expert but the fact she seems to be bartering over the refund amount suggests she doesn't have a good case. If she did she would see you in court for the full amount. Hope your day goes ok

Of course she doesn't have a case! She's trying to scare you! I understand how you would feel though and Id probably just give her a refund to get her rid of her, but seriously, the court won't even entertain her. She's at it! Let us know how it pans out. Hope you're ok x

Omg this is awful. Don't give her £100 and the hair!? She will be telling people she was in the right if you do!!

What's the latest?? Xx

Keep it professional!!

'I have offered to relook at it myself, and then assess what we can do. If you decline this then there is nothing more I can do'

When you rant to people they rant back.

Also if you have a manager why are you dealing with this over text messages!

I'm sorry but this is my biggest bug bear- stop the messages and pick up the phone if a client messages you like this.

ColourGirly, she said she did it mobile, not in the salon. She's just concerned that the client will come into the salon.

If you know one, I would speak to a solicitor. I'm sure as everyone else has said she doesn't have a case. But better to be safe than sorry.

I'd be inclined to get her and her mother done for slander..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you spoken to your Insurers about this? After all this is what you pay them for. If you have, tell her to contact them if she wants to discuss your case. Pretty sure she'll back off when she realises you're not a push-over.

I agree, you need to stop any further communication with her. She's trying to get you to pay out when she knows she's got no case.

she was a friend, she now has her mum mailing me saying shes going to court!

Last edited:
This is a simple case of a client not looking after the extensions appropriately an then looking for someone to blame. Don't offer her any money!!! She has absolutely no case she's just trying her luck in my opinion advise her that it's now a matter for solicitors to deal with. I doubt she's seen one in my honest opinion. Block them on Facebook as they can't mention you in comments then or report them to Facebook for cyber bullying an slander x

I did it on my own yime while I was employed at a salon so havent got insurance for mobile...

Not having insurance whilst working mobile is just asking for trouble. Did you declare your income for tax?

Insurance costs less than £50 a year with Salon Gold.

She could take you to small claims court.

Solicitors now suggest in this case to take the salon to court over the amount of the excess in the insurance so salons will just pay up.

Two things, you aren't insured. Secondly are you in a contract in your salon with any clauses about mobile work, do you offer extensions in the salon?

I never do mobile I only did this for a friend as she couldnt com to the salon

But you still did a client uninsured outside of work. She would have been a salon client but you did her outside of work and took the money for yourself.

Like I said I would check your work contract too.

Colourgirly, sophlily93 has done the client, I'm sure she's learnt a lot of lessons.
And I'm sure we've all done things we shouldn't have.
And I'm also sure she won't be doing anymore mobile clients without insurance.

Sophlily93. I hope everything works out. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not say I haven't!

It's not really a lesson learnt is it if a client is taking you to court with no insurance.

It's like saying I don't drive usually but I got in the car with no insurance - unfortunately that might be the one time you crash.

If you did this lady as a client charging money then you have to be insured and you do have to give her written terms and conditions before the service starts - new law enforced this year. I learnt about it as I am taking someone to small claims court when they fitted a kitchen appliance and flooded my floor and refused to pay the plumbers bill!

Well this sounds like a big hot mess and I can see why u thought it would be ok considering this girl was supposed to be a friend, unfortunately when money exchanged hands it became a business transaction. You provided services for cash which changes things a lot. Despite her being a mate you should have gone through all your consultation, after care and signing paperwork where necessary. I spray tanned my own cousin and her friends in the summer but they still were asked to fill out the consultation sheet with me and sign it to say they understood everything and that's "just a tan" there are no friends in business in sorry.
Next thing you really need to do is seek legal advice immediately, you were not insured I know, but you still need to find out where you stand and how to proceed. It might be beneficial to block the mother from contacting you and tagging you in posts on social media. You may have a case for slander but in the mean time, stop texting and if anyone approaches you aggressively contact the police. It might be a good idea to only communicate through solicitors of that's how it's going to go. And in future purchase insurance if you intend to do any work on a mobile basis. I hope this gets resolved ASAP. Your client is wrong for being abusive and threatening and that's a matter for the police. Good Luck

Quick update clearly ahe cant take any legal action but she is now threatening to turn up places where im going etc and keeps texting me iv not replied for weeks now but still keep getting random harassing texts......

Quick update clearly ahe cant take any legal action but she is now threatening to turn up places where im going etc and keeps texting me iv not replied for weeks now but still keep getting random harassing texts......

And do what when she turns up?

This sounds more like shes bloody stalking you now. Contact the police and keep a record of everythibg shes doing

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back