Awkward clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to use equipment cleaner in the end! But she insisted she hadn't touched anything and had unwrapped a sticky sweet before coming into the treatment room!!! The only thing I could possibly think was that she thought it was paraffin wax as some people use a wax heater to heat paraffin wax?!?

That is so strange. Why would she lie? Obviously you would know.

The strangest thing that ever happened to me was a lady who I had booked in for a massage ... I also had my wax pot turned on in the corner of the room (with the lid on) as you do. I left her to her to get undressed and onto the couch but when I came back I could see something allover the towels. In the dim light I couldn't tell what it was but soon realised it was sticky, and allover the clients hands, I mean they were coated in it! I soon discovered what the substance was. Wax! Everywhere- the lady said she hasn't touched anything but she has quite obviously dipped her hands in my wax pot?!?
This is one of the best things I have ever heard! WHAT a numpt! LOL

It reminds me of the friends episode where Joey touches the wax
"I touched the stuff!!!!" at least he admitted it!!

That really made me LOL!

Ok, well in case you hadn't noticed, I like cats...I have 2 of them.

So one day I had a client over to my house to do her nails.

I had only done her nails once before at her place, and so we were still both getting to know each other...she got to mine and I had to pop upstairs to get something...as I was coming down I noticed she was taking pictures of herself with my cat to send her boyfriend!

She was so embarrassed that I caught her doing it, she was so apologetic...her face went bright red...I couldn't stop laughing and teasing her about it...we still laugh about it now.

However if my cat ever goes missing...I know exactly where she'll be!

Hahaha! Weird!! Pmsl x

I work in a spa and I'd say 9 times out of 10 clients get under all of the towels even though I've explained and pulled back the towel they need to get under! Also I've had clients get into the bed the wrong way (head where the feet should be, feet where the hole is) for massage. Sometimes it takes a all my strength not to giggle when I walk in the room.
The most annoying thing aswel is when I tell the client to take a seat while we go through the consultation and they cut you off mid sentence and say "what shall I take off? Just my top is it?" An then they start stripping!!

I was working one saturday and my boss turned to her client and said "oh iv got some nice news, ashley is pregnant!" And she turned to me looking disgusted and asked how old i was, when i told her 24 she turned back to my boss & said "god if my 24yr old niece told me she was pregnant i would f******g kill her!"!!! I was mortified!...also a client asked me if i had room in my flat for a baby, i politely informed her i did have room in my 3 bedroom townhouse, which i own!! People can be so rude!!

I had a guy in for a massage once, and obviously I explained to him where to lie on the bed etc.. When I came back in the room he had managed to place himself under the blanket, towels, and even UNDER the electric blanket which was tied together beneath the bed! So he was basically lying on the bare couch. I don't know how he thought I could massage him like that, I honestly wonder what goes through some clients minds.. Lol. I guess he was really nervous x

Oh my god i literally was crying laughing reading this! Lol It took my five minuets to read it to my husband because i was laughing & crying so much!! Lol

Literally sobbing reading these stories! Always seems to be my spray tan clients that humour me. A few weeks back I had a woman come in, I left her to get changed then all I heard from the room was (in a broad scouse accent) "arrr no ive put me fellas boxies on!" she then calls me in "im so sorry, ive forgot to put me knickers on, what can I do? I was rushing to get here and I must have forgot!" I wouldnt mind, she didnt have an appointment, she came in n salon was quiet! She then tried to leave only paying half the price!

Think my fav was a young girl this week, never had a spray tan before, wanted to try ahead of her prom. Didn't realise she had to get undressed to have 1, left the room to change and her mum said "have you told her what to do? She has to be told" then shouts in to her "you have to get undressed ya know!" I think the penny must have dropped then as the young girl replied "ohhhh ok" haha full on love my job! Never a dull moment I swear! Xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

When I was in college we had some level 1 students in one morning a week, one of them had mental health issues (as did her sister) her sister who was in to have her hair washed and blow dried. while shampooing her sisters hair the student soaked her, the tutors only option was to take her to the store room and ask her to remove her clothes so they could tumble dry them, nobody had made us aware of this and I went to get a can of hair spray from the cupboard only to be confronted by the lady who was very large and trying to cover herself with a hair towel I apologised and her response was "don't worry we're all girls here" as she whipped of her towel to confirm this.

This is so funny!!
I cant be the only one to have had this... A client comes in for a FACIAL, you explain what they need to do and how you want them, including saying lying on your back. Leave the room, come back and theyre face down with their head in the face hole.... how can I do a facial like this?? lol
Or the other clients who are so excited for their treatment and are taking their clothes off as your introducing yourself... like the lady who was down to her knickers for a underarm wax???? Gotta love them

This is good reading x

Jumping onto this thread, I'd like some advice about a client I recently had demanding a refund, she was a new client who had been going to another girl for "shellac", she noted her nails weren't in the best condition and two had broken right down the same day she came into me, while doing her nails i listened to her bad mouthing previous girls who did her nails, this made me feel uneasy, as the other 8 nails were extremely long I advised her to file back her nails to the same length etc, and also told her to apply cuticle oil daily to nourish the nails, when done she said she was delighted with her nails, next day I had missed calls, text messages, fb messages(I was with a client) saying she wasn't happy with her nails, I called her back to ask why she was unhappy, she said a nail broke causing the polish to chip, and felt she had wasted €xx and wanted a refund, I asked her to come into me, I offered to fix that particular nail, and declined to give refund, I haven't heard from her since? I'm thinking she may be bad mouthing me as she had other salons during her app with me, was I wrong declining refund?

No you are absolutely in the right. You have offered to fix the problem and she's not interested. All she's interested in is getting free nails wherever she goes. Ignore her. Don't worry about her bad mouthing you, she has bad mouthed everyone. No one will listen to her. Just forget about her and move on and concentrate on your lovely loyal clients, not this messer.

Thank you, it's nice to have some reassurance that I wasn't in the wrong, I think I would have refunded her to get rid if she wasn't 20 mins late for her app aswell, just awful from beginning to end.
I live in a very small area so here's hoping that nobody listens to her if she bad mouthing me too

I have a new regular, she nit picks every detail of her nails, is sooo prissy, and drives me nuts. The konad snow flake has to be exactly in the same place as on the nail on the other hand within 100th of mm. I just want to throw everything at her. She didnt get a christmas pamper gift from me :)

Everyone has that one client don't they, it gets on my nerves, I'm such a perfectionist myself, and wouldn't let them leave unless I was 100% happy with their nails, suppose you can't please everyone! Just keep smiling :)

But the other thing is, she wants her natural nails as long as she can. And the length she wants them, well they just cant do it ! so of course they break, and then she gets upset and wants tips on the broken ones, but they of course dont look exactly the same as the natural ones Aaaaaarrghhh... shes gonna have to learn the hard way !

Thank you, it's nice to have some reassurance that I wasn't in the wrong, I think I would have refunded her to get rid if she wasn't 20 mins late for her app aswell, just awful from beginning to end.
I live in a very small area so here's hoping that nobody listens to her if she bad mouthing me too

hey i had almost the same thing earlier this year, I did refund (more fool me) and I expect she still badmouthed me so what's the difference between us? I'm £30 down :(

You were spot on

I had a guy in for a massage once, and obviously I explained to him where to lie on the bed etc.. When I came back in the room he had managed to place himself under the blanket, towels, and even UNDER the electric blanket which was tied together beneath the bed! So he was basically lying on the bare couch. I don't know how he thought I could massage him like that, I honestly wonder what goes through some clients minds.. Lol. I guess he was really nervous x

Oh, I couldn't stop laughing at this! So funny:lol:

hey i had almost the same thing earlier this year, I did refund (more fool me) and I expect she still badmouthed me so what's the difference between us? I'm £30 down :(

You were spot on

Well I had my girl back messaging me today, wanting gel Polish removed immeadiately and gel nails to replace them, I had to laugh, I cannot believe this girl, I explained to her as per our conversation I was happy to remove them etc but the appointments I told her that we're available were the only 2 available before Xmas, one of those bring today, and the other since filled, advised removal only slot on Monday, explained this was free of charge but made it clear if I was putting on gel it would be full whack(I will never book this client in again). So again "she'll get back to me"
Suppose £30 down was a lesson learned, but no more freebies in future ;)

Latest posts

Back