Awkward dating question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LONG POST ALERT haha
I also feel bad writing this.. Lol my husband used to get on my nerves when we first met! We had mutual friends- saw each other every night pretty much, he knew how to wind me up! And he did- however I really didn't find him funny- at all! We would text to arrange us all going out and then came the messages about us going to the cinema, bowling etc, so we did and he then went on to ask me out 3 times! Every time I kinda shrugged him off- thinking I like you but not as a boyfriend. Well he then started to talk with other girls from the same pub- one night him and his mates went out I was ill so didn't go and this night they all got pally pally.
Next I knew he would be texting someone whilst we were hanging out.. He then tells me that if I'm not interested he's going to move on and find a relationship as ours is clearly going nowhere lol . But we'd stay good friends. Well that was it I broke down and let my true feelings out... I told him how I really liked him I always has just didn't Wana b hurt again etc, I think it was the thought of him being with someone else. We sat and talked for hours! We literally spent every evening together he would stay at mine - we finally moved in together after 6 months, got married after 5 years and here we are 2 years later trying for a baby! I love him so much it's unreal, he is my everything & I wouldn't be without him xxxx

Hope it all works out for you xxx
Sorry again for the long post!

But did you fancy him from the start? X

My husband was a grower. I met him on a night out a year before we actually got together. We kept in touch and about three months before we were a couple we just met up for a few drinks just a friends. Then one night we had a big night out together and bam! Something just clicked. All of my previous boyfriends were very intense relationships. However with my husband, I was so chilled out, never occured to me to think was he the one... we've been together ten years and have two children. Don't get me wrong, we moved in quick after 6 months together and found out we were pregnant after 7, but I felt more secure in that relationship than my previous ones. We split up for a while but got back together a few months later and I just have this overwhelming feeling of we're meant to be together.

You don't have to be all hearts and flowers, full on passion all the time. I love that he was a grower and ten years on I still sometimes look at him and think aw you're just a bit gorgeous Mr H.

Sometimes you just need to know someone a bit more to realise that they are beautiful inside and out. Yes I do believe you have to have a physical attraction to begin with, but if they have an ugly heart then no amount of sexy ;) counteracts that.

See where it takes you, relax and have fun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband was a grower. I met him on a night out a year before we actually got together. We kept in touch and about three months before we were a couple we just met up for a few drinks just a friends. Then one night we had a big night out together and bam! Something just clicked. All of my previous boyfriends were very intense relationships. However with my husband, I was so chilled out, never occured to me to think was he the one... we've been together ten years and have two children. Don't get me wrong, we moved in quick after 6 months together and found out we were pregnant after 7, but I felt more secure in that relationship than my previous ones. We split up for a while but got back together a few months later and I just have this overwhelming feeling of we're meant to be together.

You don't have to be all hearts and flowers, full on passion all the time. I love that he was a grower and ten years on I still sometimes look at him and think aw you're just a bit gorgeous Mr H.

Sometimes you just need to know someone a bit more to realise that they are beautiful inside and out. Yes I do believe you have to have a physical attraction to begin with, but if they have an ugly heart then no amount of sexy ;) counteracts that.

See where it takes you, relax and have fun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Awww that's a lovely story. X

LONG POST ALERT haha
I also feel bad writing this.. Lol my husband used to get on my nerves when we first met! We had mutual friends- saw each other every night pretty much, he knew how to wind me up! And he did- however I really didn't find him funny- at all! We would text to arrange us all going out and then came the messages about us going to the cinema, bowling etc, so we did and he then went on to ask me out 3 times! Every time I kinda shrugged him off- thinking I like you but not as a boyfriend. Well he then started to talk with other girls from the same pub- one night him and his mates went out I was ill so didn't go and this night they all got pally pally.
Next I knew he would be texting someone whilst we were hanging out.. He then tells me that if I'm not interested he's going to move on and find a relationship as ours is clearly going nowhere lol . But we'd stay good friends. Well that was it I broke down and let my true feelings out... I told him how I really liked him I always has just didn't Wana b hurt again etc, I think it was the thought of him being with someone else. We sat and talked for hours! We literally spent every evening together he would stay at mine - we finally moved in together after 6 months, got married after 5 years and here we are 2 years later trying for a baby! I love him so much it's unreal, he is my everything & I wouldn't be without him xxxx

Hope it all works out for you xxx
Sorry again for the long post!

I really need to get my eyes tested! I thought this reply was from Virtues. I did wonder about the long post and the text speech, but it wasn't until I got to the baby bit that I checked the name again, lol!

Sorry Vimto x

Can you learn to 'fancy' someone? Ok, maybe not learn cos i already know how :lol: but i had a date recently & i did kind of find him attractive but i wasn't positive. I'm not shallow but obviously you need to be attracted to them. Can someone seem more attractive as time goes by? He is a really nice bloke so i will meet him again i just hope i findhim more attractive the more i meet him :lol:

I feel kind of mean writing this!

take my story. I met my hubby on a bus.. he knew i would be taking that bus as he had seen me on it before. So he got on and sat next to me, we got chatting and he asked me out for lunch the next day. I had no initial interest at all in him, so I said 'what on earth for '? he said it would make a change. So realizing he was trying to ask me out, I said yes only because he looked embarrassed.

He turned up at the bus stop the next day in a soft top MG. Well I fell in love with his car, and only went with him because i liked his car so much. It was a few weeks later of driving around in the MG, whenever he picked me up, that I came to realize that he was a nice genuine guy.

We got engaged 3 years later and married the next year. We've been married 30 years and he is my rock.Hes great in a crises, gets on my wick when hes too organized, but I would be stuck without him.

take my story. I met my hubby on a bus.. he knew i would be taking that bus as he had seen me on it before. So he got on and sat next to me, we got chatting and he asked me out for lunch the next day. I had no initial interest at all in him, so I said 'what on earth for '? he said it would make a change. So realizing he was trying to ask me out, I said yes only because he looked embarrassed.

He turned up at the bus stop the next day in a soft top MG. Well I fell in love with his car, and only went with him because i liked his car so much. It was a few weeks later of driving around in the MG, whenever he picked me up, that I came to realize that he was a nice genuine guy.

We got engaged 3 years later and married the next year. We've been married 30 years and he is my rock.Hes great in a crises, gets on my wick when hes too organized, but I would be stuck without him.

I think this has answered my question :) i'm meeting him again friday so fingers crossed i feel something :D

When I first met my husband in our head office in Hong Kong I thought he was an annoying, irritating little s***. 3 years younger than me and completely full of himself. I had no interest in him whatsoever.

A few months later all the staff are at a quiz night at the private club (on a Monday) and I get completely plastered. He takes advantage and covers me in love bites on my neck and walks me home.

I wake up disgusted but glad it didn't go any further than the love bites. I had to wear a scarf in 100% humidity for 2 weeks.

During this time he's pursuing me, I'm not interested and try and get rid. He invites me on a date, I go, because I'm bored and I don't know what happened but it just clicked.

We've been together 15 years now and I wouldn't know what to do without him. We've had our ups and downs but we both have the same ideals and life plan and it just works. We have a lot of trust for each other and give each other lots of freedom. He can be a pain, I'm sure I'm a pain too. But we still love each other.

I met my OH online. We both only had a small passport like photo on our profiles, so we didn't really know what each other looked like. Chatted as friends first and then I fell in love with his words, his sense of humour, his way of making me laugh, his story telling, his jokes. Flew over to meet him and it was pretty daunting, the wait at the airport until we actually set eyes on each other.
I saw him, smiled, he took my hand and that was it! It's nearly ten years now.

I would say that I know him inside out from spending so much time talking on the phone, and I miss those chats sometimes. Too much distraction now that we live in the same country.

Oh and I thought he might pull over into a layby for a kiss on the way home but he was a perfect gentleman. He was doing about 95 - 100 on the motorway though, and silly me thought it was Kilometers ph rather than Miles. That would have scared me!

I met my OH online. We both only had a small passport like photo on our profiles, so we didn't really know what each other looked like. Chatted as friends first and then I fell in love with his words, his sense of humour, his way of making me laugh, his story telling, his jokes. Flew over to meet him and it was pretty daunting, the wait at the airport until we actually set eyes on each other.
I saw him, smiled, he took my hand and that was it! It's nearly ten years now.

I would say that I know him inside out from spending so much time talking on the phone, and I miss those chats sometimes. Too much distraction now that we live in the same country.

We also met online & i think the first date was just pure nerves. To be fair i was probably too wound up to enjoy it properly. I'm hoping friday will be more relaxed & i can judge it better x

If not, back to POF :lol:

I'm dating someone. 5 dates now. I don't need an Internet forum I need a full on councillor, couch to lie on and some kind of drug to calm me down. I'm stressing like hell even though every fibre of my being is telling me to calm the **** down and just enjoy it 😊

I did internet dating and met a lovely guy. He had his own business, all his own hair and was drop dead stunning BUT he was shorter than me. Went on 4 or 5 dates but I just couldn't do "it", I couldn't take a 5ft1 man to bed. Whenever he came to my door he would look at my feet first to check what shoes I was wearing, am only 5ft 4 myself so love heels.
Its not shallow, I just like manly men, would rather 6ft and a bit rough round the edges. I can't compromise on some things

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did internet dating and met a lovely guy. He had his own business, all his own hair and was drop dead stunning BUT he was shorter than me. Went on 4 or 5 dates but I just couldn't do "it", I couldn't take a 5ft1 man to bed. Whenever he came to my door he would look at my feet first to check what shoes I was wearing, am only 5ft 4 myself so love heels.
Its not shallow, I just like manly men, would rather 6ft and a bit rough round the edges. I can't compromise on some things

Spot on mate 😄

Exactly my type :)

Funny isn't it, when I was single and looking I specifically said I wouldn't have anyone with kids, this is despite my having a daughter.
Last thing I wanted was to be looking after other people's children whilst mine was at her dads, I didn't want some psycho ex around, I wanted to be their focus not getting little Jimmy to swimming lessons on a Saturday morning.
I think woman should be picky :) I am also guilty of trying the goods before I buy and if there were no sparks in the bedroom I would dump them! I would be called a player of I were a man, or shallow. :) Luckily I am all sorted there now

I got left a note on my car, saying this bloke really liked me and had finally got the courage to leave me his number. Anyway we got texting and facebooking. Went on a date. He forgot to tell me he was 5"2! I'm 5'8 and 6'1 in my heels! It's was so awkward! And he was petite! I couldnt wait to get rid of him lol.
Bless him.
I have to have a tall guy. I can't sacrifice my heels x

Sent from the catphone

At the moment i can see myself doing 'you know what' with anyone, it's been that long ;) haha! Not really thought about it with him & i know that's what i will look for next time i see him. I hope that's not going to be a trigger :lol: fingers crossed i don't pounce!

Hahaha! Hilarious!

I've been shopping with my mate today and bought 3 pairs of new pants. Not even plain and comfy ones either.
One lives in hope :green:

Latest posts

Back