Aztec Shellac nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hi :)
Has anyone done any kind of these nails with shellac? A friend has asked me to do her next set of nails in Aztec design but I'm unsure what to do?
All ideas & advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

Has anyone done any kind of these nails with shellac? A friend has asked me to do her next set of nails in Aztec design but I'm unsure what to do?

Are you on instagram? If so check the hashtag aztecnails loads and loads of inspiration!

Are you on instagram? If so check the hashtag aztecnails loads and loads of inspiration!

Thank you 😁😁😁

All I would say it to work quickly with these things cos you may find the gel spreading from where you actually want it, sometimes I find it good to only do two fingers at a time

I would do
Base cure
X2 colour coats if cream puff/studio white cure
Burnish different colours of additives
Apply Blackpool and carve a aztec design out (some say to leave the Blackpool a couple mins to set slightly so when going to carve a design the shellac doesn't fill the engraving again) cure
And top coat. Cure

Iv not done this before but waiting on colour pops to show off nail art and the is one idea I plan to do. If anyone else has any suggestions?

I would do
Base cure
X2 colour coats if cream puff/studio white cure
Burnish different colours of additives
Apply Blackpool and carve a aztec design out (some say to leave the Blackpool a couple mins to set slightly so when going to carve a design the shellac doesn't fill the engraving again) cure
And top coat. Cure

Iv not done this before but waiting on colour pops to show off nail art and the is one idea I plan to do. If anyone else has any suggestions?

Sounds good! I'll have a try with this!!
Thanx :)

Hi, I have the new Cheeky 2013 plates, and the one that Bo mentioned - there are loads of Aztek designs on it, just did this one quickly this morning to show you (on top of Shellac Tropix with some yellow additives over). Sorry, didn't have time to top coat... xx

Attachments

• aztek.jpg
    aztek.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,345
Hi, I have the new Cheeky 2013 plates, and the one that Bo mentioned - there are loads of Aztek designs on it, just did this one quickly this morning to show you (on top of Shellac Tropix with some yellow additives over). Sorry, didn't have time to top coat... xx

where do these plates come from?:irked:

Look in Amazon. I just purchased their set of 10 jumbo plates for 2013:D

Thanks i love these cant wait to get mine:o

I did this sample a long time ago with Shellac and it worked out ok :)

Attachments

• 404589_10152116227245207_1098976192_n.jpg
    404589_10152116227245207_1098976192_n.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 685
I bought mine from Amazon - they took 3 weeks to arrive, but they were worth the wait - can't wait to try them all out x

I did this sample a long time ago with Shellac and it worked out ok :)

Fab. Do you mind me asking if you painted on the Shellac colours individually and then the black or did you stripe the colours across and then define with black?

I use Gelish not Shellac so hope something like this can be done too.

Wow! Thank you so much for doing that, I really really appreciate it :)
Are the cheeky plates sold in the uk?

Wow! Thank you so much for doing that, I really really appreciate it :)
Are the cheeky plates sold in the uk?
Hi there - I bought them from Amazon UK, but they were posted from Hong Kong. Took about 3 weeks to arrive I think - definitely worth the wait x

Latest posts

Back