Babies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm fast approaching 30 & always thought by that age I'd have at least one child but I don't have any. Most of my friends have or are having babies, me & my husband want children but so far we've been preoccupied with other things & just said oh it's not the right time, but I guess there never is!

How many of you have got your families & what age are you? Or how many wanted children but had them older?

X

I'm 23 and my daughter is 4 years old. Looking back I had her far too young but I don't regret it in any way. I brought her up on my own & I'm lucky I own my own house and now have a lovely partner. We very much want another child but we haven't been very successful so far :( so fingers crossed maybe next year will be our year xx

Oh and by the way I believe there is never a right time lol :) xx

Thank you for your reply. Yes like you say, there never is a right time! You can always think of something else, like we got married then we moved etc etc. Aww finger crossed for you Hun for another xx

I had my first baby at 31 and the second at 33. But the "right" time can be different for everyone xx

43 for me.

Lots of reasons why it didn't happen sooner, but at least I got there in the end. ;)

I know I'm younger but I feel the same. I'm 23 and broody. My friends are getting married, having kids or have kids, my family all have had kids around this age or younger (there is only me and one cousin of mine who doesn't have kids!) and we both have just found our right career paths. Him in college, me just starting out. I really want to have kids but for him he wants to wait for a right time/till we are more financially stable. I'm hoping I have kids by the time around 25/6 but like you said there is no right time. My papa used to say "what's for you won't go passed you" and I truly believe that xx

I will be 32 in April and my fella is 36... No children as yet, despite trying loads! We shall see... 🍼👶 xx

I'm 30 in January and i have a little boy who is 2.5 and a new-born girl who is 3 weeks.

Our son wasn't planned and both my partner and I were starting new businesses when we found out but, like you say, and it's 100% true, there is never a right time. We remembered this when planning our second and by planning I mean, deciding we wanted another and just trying, because it was more important to us to have our children close in age than any other external factor.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you want children then just go for it! Because once they're here everything just fits around them without you thinking twice about it xx

I had my first at 24 and had my second this year at the age of 33. Took us 9 years to have another, vowed we'd only have one haha! I loved being a first time mum at 24, but also love having my little one at the age I am now as you're a wee bit wiser. We didn't plan either of our boys. I don't think there's ever a right time per se. I think there's benefits to being an older or younger parent, and I wouldn't change the timing of either of my sons. :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies xx

Ive got 2 beautiful daughter's and I had them at 22 and 25. I am now nearly 30 and feeling a little broody again.
I don't ever feel there is a right time.
Its hard work no matter what lol but the most amazing job in the world
X
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had one child and one on the way by the time I was 19! (My second was conceived on the pill) My 3rd came along when I was 25. I'm 28 now and still don't quite feel old enough to be a mum of a 10yr old lol. I think being a parent after your 20's is much better as you would have had chance to establish a career, see a bit of the world and maybe even have a house you own or at least one that is longer term. I only say this because I found myself homeless with 2 kids when I was 21, I naively made a bad decision with a fake landlord and we didn't have a leg to stand on. I made mistakes financially and all the while had children to support.

But I am glad I had them, as they are absolute gems and were a much needed kick up the rear but especially since health problems would make pregnancy and baby raising very difficult now.

There never is a right time, it's different for everyone and to be honest 30 isn't "late" or anything.

there's never good time but only do it when you yourself are ready I had my little girl last year when I was 38 and that was the right time for me

I'm 22 and my partner is 32. We didn't plan on having kids this soon but we've just had our little girl 11 days ago. I had just finished my Gelish training and planned to be mobile this month. I postponed it all due to a rough pregnancy and aim to now have everything ready to go by June next year, if not sooner.
It certainly isn't the right time for us, but there never is and you never are truly ready for kids. It will happen when you least expect it (trying or not) but it's when your body is ready, even if your mind is not xx

Well we're 28 and still haven't made up our minds whether we want kids!

I've never really been broody but always assumed I'll have my own one day. Not sure they mix well with my job! And I go through phases when I'm down of not wanting someone else to feel like this...

But I still picture the future with kids in it! So who knows lol maybe I'll just bring the next baby ele home. Or rescue more animals lol

I'm 29 with 4, 2 girls & 2 boys. Started at 17 & had my last at 27 :)
There is never a perfect time as nobody ever knows what is round the corner. However emotional & financial security is always a bonus.

I had my first at 21 and second at 22. There's 13 months between and neither were planned (both conceived on the pill)
It wasn't the right time for us at all, we were made homeless when my first was 4 months old and only got re housed a week before I had my daughter, although I would love to change the circumstances they were born in to I know they don't remember any of it.

I'm glad I had them younger as they are now at pre school and school so I can focus on my career now.

I honestly don't think there is ever a right time to have children and I believe the more you sit and think about starting a family the more you find reasons to put it off.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, thanks for your replies ladies, really interesting reading xx

I'm 30 on 21st Jan, and my first child is due on 19th Jan :)

I've been wanting a baby for a couple of years but my other half has always wanted us to do x y and z first. We both were in decent Jobs and decided to do a couple of weeks travelling in India last xmas, and use that as our start of trying stage. By April we had stil not conceived and I decided to apply for a new job and we were putting baby making on hold for 6 months or so.

Handed my notice in one Friday at my old job, realised on the Sunday I was late 😱. Pregnant Lolol. Major bad timing but still couldn't have been happier. We will be skint as I lost out on amazing maternity pay, now only qualify for MA, but we will survive.

We've also just found out my partner will be made redundant in May next year,

So I am the firm believer there is never the right time. We thought we had waited till it was, and now all of a sudden it's not. Lol

Latest posts

Back