Baby hamper ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, op im sure whatever youve already bought will be appreciated, mum might just be in need of the johnsons all in one herself when she realises she hasnt been out the house for 4 days and really needs a shower! :) , anyway once theyre big enough to protest its all bright blue and red and biggest bubbles in the bath anyway

If you want to get an outfit Buying next size up can be good, everyone gets newborn and suddenly nothing fits!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh mine are 6,4&3 so it's probably all changed loads since then,

Mine were bathed every night to get them into a routine early my hubby works away so it was strict in my house at bed time had to be with 3 under 3 and 1 parent lol
Miss those baby days now they are cheeky divas xx

I was in a routine bath & bed at 7 by 7weeks old my oldest slept through & is still in the routine now & he's 5 :) my youngest took a bit longer as I didn't start straight away he was ill in hospital & was getting woken up all hours for blood tests, I miss them being babies too I'm ready for another lol

I wouldn't put a dummy in the hamper as they can if used for long periods on baby's and young children cause development problems with the upper jaw and teeth and when they hit their early teens they may need braces or in extreme cases corrective surgery

( I also work in dentistry)

My sister-in-law is due her second in Jan and I'm planning on getting her some Buriti Baby products from The Body Shop along with a few pampering bits for her. It's supposed to be all natural and safe for baby, and maybe something she wouldn't think of herself x

I love the body shop stuff, didn't realise they did baby products will have a look Thankyou. X

I would put a voucher in for mummy too, maybe a massage or something xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, op im sure whatever youve already bought will be appreciated, mum might just be in need of the johnsons all in one herself when she realises she hasnt been out the house for 4 days and really needs a shower! :) , anyway once theyre big enough to protest its all bright blue and red and biggest bubbles in the bath anyway

If you want to get an outfit Buying next size up can be good, everyone gets newborn and suddenly nothing fits!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I thought that.. When I messaged her about the johnsons stuff I said you can always use it for yourself if you don't want to use on baby. X

I also thought of baby coat hangers as its not something you would first think of but it seems she is so organised she's bought loads! X

Elemis skin nourishing milk bath is perfect ph for skin and contains nothing bad, parabens, mineral oils, artificial colours or perfumes. Can bAth in it use it as lotion for eczema psoriasis and babies it's better fir your skin than water.
Also Japanese Camilla oil great for stetchmarks and baby massage.
That's what I'll be using when baby arrives

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was in a routine bath & bed at 7 by 7weeks old my oldest slept through & is still in the routine now & he's 5 :) my youngest took a bit longer as I didn't start straight away he was ill in hospital & was getting woken up all hours for blood tests, I miss them being babies too I'm ready for another lol

Oh I'm not having any more wish we could but I was very poorly after the youngest, mines were the same 7 til 7 at 4-6 wks ish x

Iv text my friend asking what she thought of the johnsons products as iv bought her loads... She said all midwife said was to use just plain water and cotton wool for the first few weeks then its fine after that. She says surely if they were bad for babies they would take them off the shelves and johnsons wouldn't be able to advertise on tv as being the most gentle to babies skin!? I'm confused. Xx

They sell them because of the "no tears" formula,
Did you read the screen shots, send them to your friend,

Fags are bad for you but still sell them
Baby jars and baby juice are bad too aswell as toddler milk it's all about money x

I do baby hampers for all the family. Just finishing one of for my sister in law now.
I bought one of those round plastic tubs with the handles. So it can be used again for things like toys.
Then I have added towels, shampoo, soap, cotton wool, cotton buds, face cloths, brush and come, bubble bath, body wash, talc, nappy sacks, bootees, socks, scratch mittens, cotton hats, blanket, vests, baby grows. Both in larger sizes.
Just need to buy a teddy now, and I cant think of what else I have bought.
Hope this has given you some more ideas.
Gill

My sister-in-law is due her second in Jan and I'm planning on getting her some Buriti Baby products from The Body Shop along with a few pampering bits for her. It's supposed to be all natural and safe for baby, and maybe something she wouldn't think of herself x

Buriti baby has been discontinued you may be lucky to find some stock in a few stores just thought I'd let you know :)

Oh no! They are always discontinuing good products, I loved their cucumber cleanser & toner, ebay it is then thanks for letting me know x

I do baby hampers for all the family. Just finishing one of for my sister in law now.
I bought one of those round plastic tubs with the handles. So it can be used again for things like toys.
Then I have added towels, shampoo, soap, cotton wool, cotton buds, face cloths, brush and come, bubble bath, body wash, talc, nappy sacks, bootees, socks, scratch mittens, cotton hats, blanket, vests, baby grows. Both in larger sizes.
Just need to buy a teddy now, and I cant think of what else I have bought.
Hope this has given you some more ideas.
Gill

Thankyou. Nappy sacks are a good idea, iv bought her a box of 400 I'm sure she will be needing hundreds more though!! Lol x

Johnson's has mineral oil in it too, wouldn't put it near a baby x

Pop the wipes and oil in but not give her shampoo or bath bubbles

Infacare is really nice for babies bath but your actually told now to use plain water,

They now say no bath/hair products until the baby is a month old. I have never used johnsons, always used infacare on my 4.

They now say no bath/hair products until the baby is a month old. I have never used johnsons, always used infacare on my 4.

Yea I know I think it's because johnsons causes so many skin irritations and its such a big brand to over come they just say use nothing, and this don't bath baby every night? It's nonsense what about routine for mum and baby

Poor new mums these days don't know if they are doing right or not.

What's mineral oil? X

Mineral oil forms a film on the surface of your skin that can not be absorbed, thereby blocking the pores and the skin’s natural respiration. It traps dirt and bacteria and blocks the absorption of vitamins/minerals/botanicals that may be in a product.

They advise against it these days,
My girls are only 3yrs apart and I was told to do everything different in the same hospital!

They just change their protocol constantly.

I think it maybe to do with a certain brand of baby products that are just far to harsh and cause loads of skin conditions.

I always used infacare it's lovely just a small drop

My friends a midwife and she was saying the advice now is nothing in bath and don't bath every night!

My advice to any expectant mum and there are a few on here just now so take heed avoid that certain brand trust me on this one.

Op mama mio products are lush for mum!

Must depend on where you live because I'm due in December and I've been given bounty packs with them and told by midwife that johnsons is the best stuff!

Latest posts

Back