Baby Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
Does anyone do massages on babies? I really want to train in it as alot of my clients are new mums but im not sure where I would go for training? xx

Hi honey. Baby massage is usually only carried out by mums before bed etc. Its not really something that would be carried out as a treatment as such. It is usually something a baby and toddler group would run as a free one day course xx

i did a 4 week course at my local sure start center it was run by one of the health visitors, you could always approach the health care profession to see if its a service they want, i loved doing the massage with my son & it had a great effect on him!!! he slept for 12 hrs every night from 12 weeks old & i'm sure the massage did it!!

i did a 4 week course at my local sure start center it was run by one of the health visitors, you could always approach the health care profession to see if its a service they want, i loved doing the massage with my son & it had a great effect on him!!! he slept for 12 hrs every night from 12 weeks old & i'm sure the massage did it!!

I did the same for my daughter works a treat she loves it too!x

Thanks for all getting back to me! A salon near to where I live offers it as a treatment and I have seen some training days for about £300- bit expensive for me just now though! I'll wait till I have a baby of my own then do the classes I think heh heh xx

You woudn't give a baby a massage as a treatment, so I'm assuming you're referring to the Baby Massage Instructors course. This enables you to teach mothers how to massage their own babies.

international association of infant massage - uk

This the the course you would need to do although not cheap. Most I've seen are around the £500 mark.

Just seen you mention a salon near you that does offer it - I wonder how much call they get for it?

Yeah maybe your right. I know she has offered this treatment for at least a couple of years now but as you say im not sure how much call she gets for it. xx

Latest posts

Back