Baby shampoo and hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtomrow

Reaction score
I always hear people using this as after care even though I recommend they buy from my supplier . I heard a lady recently saying its very damaging to extensions . Why is this?

Because it has an extremely alkaline ph, so as not to sting your alkaline eyes, but it will wreck havoc on your hair and scalp. It swells the hair slightly with every wash. So much so, that it's a fairly effective colour stripper. It's bad for both your own hair, and ext hair.

Very good. I have never looked up the ingredients that's good to no x

Because it has an extremely alkaline ph, so as not to sting your alkaline eyes, but it will wreck havoc on your hair and scalp. It swells the hair slightly with every wash. So much so, that it's a fairly effective colour stripper. It's bad for both your own hair, and ext hair.

I know girls who advise their clients to use baby shampoo on their extensions to save money instead of using Extension Shampoo but its not advisable as persianista stated.

Very good! Ill pass this on! Surely its not good for a babies then?

Baby shampoo hardens the bonds but will ruin the hair don't advise at all x

The reason it's for babies is because the high alkaline is compliant with our natural high alkaline in our tear ducks meaning the shampoo won't sting their eyes. But it's very damaging to their hair.

Latest posts

Back