Back ache relief?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbylouisa

Reaction score
Hi all! Im really struggling with back ache at the moment, in the hair industry ive been working in a salon since I was 15 .. and im also working in my mums pub part time, Im 20 now. Its been like this forover a month now its been really ache anybody got any remedies or things I should watch out for? I know I should probably go to the doctors but I thought I should ask for opinions on here if anyone has experienced bad backs

Thanks xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there,
I personally also have this problem. I use heat pads that you stick to the inside of your clothes -works a treat! I also changed my shoes to more supportive footwear, you'd be amazed the difference it can make.
Also, I have to constantly remind myself to bend at the knees, not the waist when doing hair and your posture can be a big factor too.
Hope this helps :)

What about a support band, it's like a corset but supports your back. Xx

Get yourself to an osteopath and start going regularly, well worth the money to keep your back in good condition! Flat shoes where you can, be conscious how you work and make sure you stand or sit as straight as possible. Supportive cushions for your car

What about a support band, it's like a corset but supports your back. Xx

These sound interesting, are they like the ones you can get for your wrists? x

These sound interesting, are they like the ones you can get for your wrists? x

Yes my partner suffers terrible so wears one I'll try and find the one he wears and post a link x

Yes my partner suffers terrible so wears one I'll try and find the one he wears and post a link x

Thankyou, that would be fab x

It's like this but by the sounds of it the op needs something like this along with what Souz said.
She is quite young so best get it sorted now xx

It's like this but by the sounds of it the op needs something like this along with what Souz said.
She is quite young so best get it sorted now xx

Yes absolutely, I think we all neglect our backs to some degree but they are so important! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out x

My oh was that bad he slept on the floor for two months, was quite scary! He ended up investing in a dunlopillo bed xx

Osteopath and also massage. I get a very achy back. Sports massage is good. You should find someone and book yourself in regularly. I find it really helps mine. Xx

Thankyou geeks! Its pay day wednesday so ill get a support band and look into the massages! Thankyou so much xx

Thankyou geeks! Its pay day wednesday so ill get a support band and look into the massages! Thankyou so much xx

Hope it helps :) xx

I get backache at night mostly, so end up tossing and turning all night to try and get comfortable, and am tired in the morning with not sleeping properly. I take Ibroprofen but it only takes the edge off the pain. Doctor tells me its Rheumatoid Arthritis.

wheatybags.co.uk - I got a red and a blue, so I would remember which was hot and which was cold lol

I sometimes struggle to sit comfortably after a particularly busy day (elephant poo is HEAVY!!) and these really help and last!

I have been known to use the deep heat stick on patches but they are expensive if you want to use them regularly.

But as others have said, see a professional to make sure you haven't done/aren't doing some more serious damage

Update:

I managed to go to the doctors today and they just said rest and keep active :s its been getting alot worse or maybe im over thinking it all but either way it's causing discomfort :( gonna try and see if I can make things better by positioning myself different when working!

Gonna try and book in for a massage.

Pilates has worked wonders for many of my clients and friends.

Check out 'superman excercise' on yt - my trainer at the gym recommended it and all pain was gone after few days, as long as you have strong back muscles you can be up on your feet all day long, meanwhile sport massage will help. :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get a tens machine for when your working, mine was the best £18 I ever spent. Some are really expensive but theyre all pretty much the same, i've got severe back problems and my cheap ones fine. I've got the medifit one as it was recommended by my consultant.

It won't help with the cause of your pain so you'll still have to work on whatever is causing it but it will work wonders on the symptoms.

Latest posts

Back