Back pain-chiropractic adjustments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andria su

Reaction score
Hello random question..has anyone had chiropractic adjustments to the lower back. Could anyone tell me how the found it and what they experienced from the consultation to the actual treatment and afterwards thanks hope you all are having a lovely weekend 😀

Hi yes I have had quite a bit of chiropractic treatment, I found it wonderful. I am in Hampshire and can recomm end a really good one depending on where abouts in Dorset you are.

After the consultation they ask you to do various things to establish exactly where they need to work, it will be obvious (to them) if it is muscular not skeletal and if they cannot help they will say.

They do the adjustments with you either sitting (more for neck I think) or lying on a special chiropractic "bed" - for me, nothing has EVER hurt, and when adjustments are made it just feels wonderful and right and a very GOOD feeling.

I have had a number of things wrong, neck, back, pelvis, and chiropractic has put me right each time. Money very well spent.

the best example is when I had my head locked on one side, literally with my ear on my shoulder, and it was agony to move it at all, in any way...my mum drove me to the chiropractor and a few minutes later I walked out of her house with my head and neck normal grinning from ear to ear - my mum could not believe it, her face was a picture!! (Edit to add: the cause of it turned out to be jerking my head through a tight roll neck jumper lol)

I have had chiropractic treatments on my shoulder by and found it helpful and not painful at all. Mine were done at the hospital by my consultant after being referred when physio didn't work. However as a massage therapist I've seen so many clients who have complained about being in pain for days after treatment, one even ended up in hospital! For that reason I would definitely recommend asking as many people as you can for recommendations, check out qualifications and when you book remember the consultation process is as much for you as for the therapist, make sure you feel completely comfortable with whoever you book with.

Hi thanks for the responses. I am not sure if the adjustments I had have made my lower back problem worse as at the time it didn't feel painful but yesterday I had the most horrendous pain in my lower back worse than before the movements so I had to see the out of hour doctor where I was given a higher dose of painkiller and anti inflammatories. The chiropractor I saw was a reputable place but felt the service was poor for the amount I spent and now I do not know if I should go back or seek alternative treatment if the pain does not ease within the next few days. My. Location is bournemouth.

Latest posts

Back