Bad acrylic break off accident

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyJ

Reaction score
Hi lovely techs. My work collegue in my non nail job caught her acrylic nail (not done by me) in the clipboard and its broken away so bad and caused alot of damage with nail bed exposed.
I'm not trained in acrylics, only shellac currently. so said I would ask on here for what she should do. I told her she should ideally see her GP just incase it gets infected but she said she wanted to pick the rest off.
I didnt want to advise as I'm not trained in L & P but told her not to pick as she doesnt know what damage she may have done. I did tell her to call the salon that applied it to explain what happened. but any advice from someone more experienced would be great please, as I am curious how you would remove this on someone with this type of injury. thanks.
xx
Screenshot_2017-01-06-22-21-05.png

Ouch that looks sore! My advice would be to keep the wound clean and dry and protected (plaster or dressing) for a few days until it starts to heal. At that point professional removal of the remaining product can be attempted carefully by soaking off. Applying acetone to an open would like that will be incredibly painful which is why I say to wait until it has begun to heal. Likewise 'picking off' what's left will not only hurt but could cause further damage.

If she gets any signs of infection such as swelling, throbbing etc then she should seek medical advice.

Thanks Pure, Ahh I can't imagine how painful it must be for her. she seemed calm about it. poor thing.
thank you for your advice xx

I totally agree with Pures post. A couple of years ago I ripped off one of my big toenails on a luggage cart at Gatwick airport. It was well below the free edge and was similar to the damage in the photo (but was not a clean rip and the wound was full of debris from the wheel of the cart).
Due to the trauma I went to see a chiropodist who's treatment, after cleaning the wound, was as per Pures recommendation above.
I had CND shellac on mine, but I did not remove it until the wound was fully healed. During regrowth I gently filed away any lifting and used standard polish on the healthy nail (to disguise regrowth) until I removed the old product.
I sympathise with your friends pain, and wish her quick healing.

I totally agree with Pures post. A couple of years ago I ripped off one of my big toenails on a luggage cart at Gatwick airport. It was well below the free edge and was similar to the damage in the photo (but was not a clean rip and the wound was full of debris from the wheel of the cart).
Due to the trauma I went to see a chiropodist who's treatment, after cleaning the wound, was as per Pures recommendation above.
I had CND shellac on mine, but I did not remove it until the wound was fully healed. During regrowth I gently filed away any lifting and used standard polish on the healthy nail (to disguise regrowth) until I removed the old product.
I sympathise with your friends pain, and wish her quick healing.
ouch,that must have hurt so much. gd idea disguising the regrowth with polish.x

Latest posts

Back