Bad back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Hello could you please direct me towards chairs that are good for posture/back whilst doing nails/manicures etc....i need to look after my aching back
Thankyou

Hi Rachel

I had spinal surgery 2 years ago. Not sure where in your back you have pain but I used to use I square cushion to support the the inward curve of my back. It helped quite a lot. The other option would be to get a reccomendation from an orthopaedic or physiotherapist? Good luck. Back ache is a real nightmare.

Thankyou....its the base of my back x

You could try some core strengthening exercises for posture, it may help, in addition to using a good chair. x

You have my sympathy, as it's a real issue to be in agony . Good advice from the above posts !
I wonder if you have thought of trying a saddle stool with adjustable back. It may help you with the adjustment to your pelvis to improve you spines natural "s " curve.
All the best x

On with the core training...yes will try the saddle chair...thanku everyone x

Absolutely a saddle chair (I have one that has the back support too) And definitely some good stretching exercises between clients. Pilates is my absolute savior, and makes you much more aware of your posture and positioning . Also make sure that your table is the correct width for nails and that your client is not sitting too far away from you, making you stretch / over reach.

Ive just got the lotus saddle chair its really good.

Great advice thankyou very much x

My back got so bad, I thought I was going to have to quit. I ended up switching to a standing desk with a tall saddle chair. I love being able to sit and stand. I don't have that same back pain anymore. Exercising regularly is very important too and helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back