Bad keratin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedFloss

Reaction score
hi geeks!
I thought id see if anyone else has ever experienced this..
I had a bride to be arrived at my home yesterday morning when I was in my dressing gown, her wedding is in two weeks, and went a week or so ago to have her extensions installed, not by me, the technician used one weft at the base of her hair and glued extensions in at the sides, she shaved down the sides of her natural hair with a razor comb, and has pulled some of her hair out from the root it was sticking in the glue :sad:...
she went back to the same person to have them removed again as they were hurting her scalp.. I have attached a picture as to how she was left, I tried to remove a little of the glue the technician neglected to remove with my dissolver but it would not budge!! it was almost like plastic had been installed into her hair, I asked her to call up with me tomorrow and we would see what we could do with it.. since then it has fallen out from both sides, I didn't touch the other side!..I wasn't trained to deal with scenarios like this.. but her mum and sister had them installed by the same person, they are suffering the same consequences, has anyone ever experienced this? a little advice on how I can help these girls, Im terrified to touch it as it wasn't my work..
sorry for the essay! thanks xx

Attachments

• 2014-04-18 13.09.35.jpg
    2014-04-18 13.09.35.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Get them to saturate the keratin with conditioner to soften it. It won't be huge help but it start to soften it. I get my clients who are having pre bonds removed to start doing this 1-3 days before they are scheduled to come into me and find this helps. Sorry can't be of much more help as I haven't encountered this issue :-/ xx

Also what base is your remover? Alcohol or acetone? Xx

Latest posts

Back