Bad sunburn, help me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydia c

Reaction score
Hi all I know I am stupid but here it goes .
I was just sat in the garden yesterday not trying to tan or anything but Christ I caught the sun alright my legs are so red !
Can anyone recommend anything to relieve it ? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402254697.225832.jpg
Thank you guys X

Oooh oooowch ! I'm ridiculously stupid in the sun, I can't be trusted on a beach, I burn and never never learn. One of the many reasons I hate holidays.

Have you got after sun lotion ??

I would try some aloe vera , but an olds wife trick is bicarbonate of soda mixed with water into a paste, but i have never tried that , hope your ok you look really sore xxx

Yeh I'm fine I'm just an idiot really I will try these thanks x

Black tea. Make some really strong tea, let it cool, then sit in the bath and keep putting it over you with muslin cloths or kitchen towel. Do not rub. This will cool it down and take off the stinging.

Natural yogurt tales the sting out. It looks raw at the top!! Is that burnt? Xx

Natural yogurt tales the sting out. It looks raw at the top!! Is that burnt? Xx

Yep it's burnt but it's one side of each leg and only the front ! I literally do things by half lol X

Yep it's burnt but it's one side of each leg and only the front ! I literally do things by half lol X

You poor thing! I hope your ok xx

Aloe Vera or try natural yogurt. Hope it eazes soon. X

This is why I love you lot all this sympathy my other half looks at me and says " your fault " x

I've also heard of very ripe tomatoes. Squish them and rub that on your sunburn. Haven't tried that one though.
Spent half of my childhood sat in the bath with sunburn and tea cloths! Neglected child, me!

You could have a tea party in the bath with tea, yoghurt, tomatoes, at least you won't go hungry... more tea vicar ? .. lol

You could have a tea party in the bath with tea, yoghurt, tomatoes, at least you won't go hungry... more tea vicar ? .. lol

Yeh I think il do that Winnie X

Definitely get some natural or Greek yoghurt on that ASAP it really works to cool down the burn and takes the sting out.
Put quite a thick layer imams when it dries out keep reapplying.
Honestly my parents used to slather it on us when we were sunburned as kids x

Tomatos or potatoes work really good, when ever we go on holiday and have been to the beach we buy a bag of tomatos on the way back to the hotel, fantastic for soothing and takin the redness away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ive heard that potatoes take the redness out, i recently had a bride which got sunburnt two days before her wedding and she used potatoes thinly sliced and flayed over the affected part.

ive heard that potatoes take the redness out, i recently had a bride which got sunburnt two days before her wedding and she used potatoes thinly sliced and flayed over the affected part.

Shall try the spuds I think !
Need to get in shower but can't bring myself to do it x

Shall try the spuds I think !
Need to get in shower but can't bring myself to do it x

I feel your pain.. I burned my lower part of my leg so badly in Spain once that I just couldn't walk, but I had to hide it from the oh because he would go ape if he had found out, as he knows I'm a total idiot when it comes to the sun. Its funny looking back on it, but not at the time.

I nice cool shower for you! Don't forget to pat dry!

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just got out the worst shower of my life cold sat in a towel now with my legs out !
Never ever again am I wearing shorts this summer ! X

Latest posts

Back