Bad sunburn, help me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got out the worst shower of my life cold sat in a towel now with my legs out !
Never ever again am I wearing shorts this summer ! X

They are going to feel hot and burning tonight ! Can you put a fan on them ? :idea:

No I have no fan ! I worked night shift last night so shouldn't have a problem getting and staying asleep .
If that fails ..... Garden it is ;) x

Fill a spray bottle with cold water and keep spraying your legs. You could use tea but it will stain. You definitely need to cool them down.

Just thought of something else. For burns, we learnt to put a layer of cling film over the burn because its the air pressure on the skin that causes the pain. It's worth a try.

I remember the Greek yogurt on my legs when I was in Greece about ten years old, my legs were really burnt! Really cools them down and takes that sting away! Xxx

Or do you have and body lotion? E45? Stick it in the fridge for twenty mins then try that if you don't have anything else xx

And with all of that veg, sour cream or yogurt wrapped in cling film, your going to look like tomorrows lunch. Might as well sit in the fridge too :wink2:

Just buy some calamine lotion. Cheaper than putting tomorrow's dinner on your legs and designed for the job. Simple.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

A hot shower it realeases the heat from skim

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't believe this as we know I have been suffering well while sorting out drawers I stumble across after sun ! Ironic x

Whenever I get sun burn I use the highest percentage aloe Vera, place it in the fridge and it will cool it down and help the healing process. I always burn my nose, I look like I've been sticking it in unwanted places once it heals! ;D

This happened to me last summer, I had third degree burns all over my back and my legs, I couldn't move and layer in bed for a week.
I went to the doctors and he prescribed me a cream that helped but I used a cooling spray as well.

I feel your pain Lydia! I did exactly the same thing yesterday at a garden bbq at a friends house.

Tops of thighs to just past knees and shoulders..was agony last night, had hot shower before bed, soaked myself in Aloe Vera gel, hot shower this morning and still red but doesn't hurt

I never learn either lol - hope it eases soon x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel your pain Lydia! I did exactly the same thing yesterday at a garden bbq at a friends house.

Tops of thighs to just past knees and shoulders..was agony last night, had hot shower before bed, soaked myself in Aloe Vera gel, hot shower this morning and still red but doesn't hurt

I never learn either lol - hope it eases soon x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope yours does too x

Hello from a serious point of view I suggest you go to the chemist or drug store not sure what it's called.
And buy some vitamin A tablets . When you burn in the sun you need to replenish the levels high doses ASAP and stat. The main ingredient to the most well known sun product is this.
Take 10 x 10 000 iu immediately then repete the next day.
Your liver is also trying to process the burn it's not just a physical outward process you have actually damaged your skin. And you might feel nauseous or dizzy or just not well or tired for the next day or so. It's your body trying to repair itself.

I have done this myself where I burnt so badly I couldn't even low down it was terrible I don't wish or upon my worst enemy. Ok I lie I might want my ex to feel the pain but besides him , no one!
Lol

Xxx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hello from a serious point of view I suggest you go to the chemist or drug store not sure what it's called.
And buy some vitamin A tablets . When you burn in the sun you need to replenish the levels high doses ASAP and stat. The main ingredient to the most well known sun product is this.
Take 10 x 10 000 iu immediately then repete the next day.
Your liver is also trying to process the burn it's not just a physical outward process you have actually damaged your skin. And you might feel nauseous or dizzy or just not well or tired for the next day or so. It's your body trying to repair itself.

I have done this myself where I burnt so badly I couldn't even low down it was terrible I don't wish or upon my worst enemy. Ok I lie I might want my ex to feel the pain but besides him , no one!
Lol

Xxx

Thankyou for that it's not as bad today but will pop to chemist I didn't realise the internal effects of it I can say I've learnt the hard way x

Shame sorry it's a painful lesson (pardon the pun) i think we all have looked like lobsters at some stage ...
Xx

Hi, try to find something with Panthenol - thats best medicine from burns. Or the quickest option soured cream, or thick yogurt. Take care.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sudocreme works a treat. Unfortunately I speak from experience! Oooopsy lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You didn't put sunscreen before you go outside? You can make your own lotion at home. Natural yogurt can cure your sun burn and drink plenty of water to hydrate your body and skin. Use loose dress in affected area and protect your skin from sun.

Latest posts

Back