Badly broken nail please help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in such a state I don't know what to do! I've broken a thumb nail (enhancement) which has taken my own nail with it about a quarter way down the nail plate. It is bleeding like mad so what can I do? It's hurting so much and at the moment I've cut as much of the acrylic off as I can which also hurt like crazy cos my own nail is quite loose underneath. I'm afraid if I soak off with tip remover that it'll sting so at the moment I've just got a plaster on it.
Please please can someone help?!!

DONZIE said:
Hi,
I'm in such a state I don't know what to do! I've broken a thumb nail (enhancement) which has taken my own nail with it about a quarter way down the nail plate. It is bleeding like mad so what can I do? It's hurting so much and at the moment I've cut as much of the acrylic off as I can which also hurt like crazy cos my own nail is quite loose underneath. I'm afraid if I soak off with tip remover that it'll sting so at the moment I've just got a plaster on it.
Please please can someone help?!!

read down through this post
http://thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=9170&highlight=broken+nail
nicola

DONZIE said:
Thank you for directing me towards that. I have read it and just wonder if that will also work for me as I haven't only cracked the natural thumb nail, but it is loose and hanging off and I can't take it off cos it's still attached somewhere and very painful!!

its hard to say without seeing it ,but i would still santise the nail using scrubfresh .then use the adhesive and the pain should stop usually at once.then you can either do the overlay being very careful with your filing or leave it without an overlay.it may not look too great but the pain will stop ,and then the damaged bit should grow out within a few weeks depending on where it was broken.

nicola

hiya

sorry no solutions just wondered how you were getting on with the nail - have you sorted it ?

Thanks for your concern but no I haven't sorted it at all and it is very painful!! I'm just a bit worried about using the adhesive (CND) cos it's not just a crack and its bleeding

nik said:
hiya

sorry no solutions just wondered how you were getting on with the nail - have you sorted it ?

Latest posts

Back