Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzz79

Reaction score
Im doing a friends hair at college tomorrow and she wants balayage highlights not the dip dye. I've only leant foil highlights but was thinking I may have to do this with a spatula.

Has anyone done this and got a good result what did you do?

Im doing a friends hair at college tomorrow and she wants balayage highlights not the dip dye. I've only leant foil highlights but was thinking I may have to do this with a spatula.

Has anyone done this and got a good result what did you do?

I would do this with a flat spatula and if using bleach would mix up. A drier paste as opposed to a runnier mix, also you can use tint. Its
Designed for a softer sun kissed look without uniformity. Generally I take marches
On the diagonal using feathery light strokes nearer the roots
Only colouring a small amount her gradually colouring more of your mechs as you get further down the lengths and ends. There's no real rules here usually do it more by eye, you also get more of a feel for the technique the more you use it!! ;)

If you search for balayage there are lots of threads with everyone's techniques. I'm sure YouTube will have videos too! Hope this helps ;)

In my personal opinion, its better to do this technique in foil. At Sassoon we were taught that you can pretty much do everything you can think of with foil, plus you have more control. When you use a paddle ,plastic wrap, and cotton, and all that extra crap; it takes more time and the product usually dries out which causes it to stop working. use a clear hloss or conditioner at the toot and smudge a mid level, then a lighter level on the ends. tit isbetter if you have long foil or meche since you will not be folding the packet. place another long piece of foil or meche over the hair and fold in the corners to secure. meche you will not have to fold. as for pattern, the posibilities are endless!

Latest posts

Back