Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-jo

Reaction score
hi geeks, I am booked on a balayage course soon but a client who has an appointment on Thursday wants to go from full head foils to softer balayage, how is best to go about this as she is very light on ends /12 and regrowth is base 6, how do you break up the lines? Tia

What does she want the root to be?? I find a good way is to paint higher and lower then use the side of the brush or a clean brush to break the line then go in with a massive wide tooth comb and comb out really helps. Keep it in four sections it will help you see what's going on. Then tone the ends to blend and soften old colour

Toss on a clay lightener and balayage!

Also, if you have a connection with Wella, they have angled freelights brushes which are great for softer lines. I would do the four sections, roughly paint on your root colour and comb with a wide tooth comb as you go. After applying the roots, I would go through with the angled brush (or side of a regular tint brush) and brush through again giving the roots a deeper colour and then the faded mid section will be slightly lighter. I also like to emulsify down a cm or 2 when rinsing and leave it for just a minute or two to try and soften the lines a bit more.

Latest posts

Back