Balayage/ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkglitter-x

Reaction score
Hey geeks
Im doing a balayage/ombre style, shes a base 4. What is a good toner I could put on the bleached hair?

Going to do a strand test but Im mobile so dont have alot of product as buy it as I go...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Depends on how the bleach comes out.

You can't pick the toner until you see the hair and depends what result she wants, there's a million different answers to your question :)

Personally the lightest I would go is a 7 otherwise is may be too contrasting.

So as an example you bleach to the level of a 7 it will look copper. Say the client wants to get rid of as much warmth as possible. So you would need to pick a level 7 in a blue ash tone.

I use goldwell and some blue ashes are stronger than others so going by the example above I would then pick 7SB. Hope that helps.

I did some foils on a client recently with base 4 I bleached up to about a 7 as already stated anything lighter can have too much of a contrast and look kind of trashy so it was a copper 7 and I used wella 7/71 to tone and it was lovely, I didn't want to completely knock out the copper tone I find it's a flattering colour against a dark base x

Thanks.

I was planning on the bleaching and then a 7 natural cool (Rusk) obviously depends on how the bleach comes out though.

Thanks.

I was planning on the bleaching and then a 7 natural cool (Rusk) obviously depends on how the bleach comes out though.

Yeah that's the thing it's a matter of waiting and seeing how it lifts but your choice sounds good post pics when done xx

Wella 7/89 colour touch is an amazing toner x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a client the other day for the ombre look and I didn't use a toner. She was a base 5, had natural warmth. I did a strand test and it looked great. The end result was really golden/copper blonde, but it looked really nice against the dark. So you may find you don't want to use a toner. Do a strand test see what you think. I think the warmth would look nice seeming as she's so dark.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back