Balayage question 🙋🏼‍♀️

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutting23

Reaction score
So iv got a new client coming to me and would like me to balayage her hair eventually up to a very light blonde!Iv explained this is a process over a few appointments to keep the hair in the best condition ect ect She is currently a base 4 box colour with a 3/4 inch regrow that is her natural base 6,it is very long and very thick 😫 iv taken a strand test to see what tones il be working with once lifted but curious to find out how you would all approach the virgin roots with the box ends and trying to do a nice smooth balayage,I would normally if doing foils use 2 different strengths then tone to blend it all together but I’m not sure how I would do this on a balayage as I feel it will be blotchy if I use different strengths! HELP!!!

I’d use a colour reducer or two, to remove the box dye and take it from there.

First thing I would do is to make a plan for the base colour before adding extra colours. If you are going to remove the box colour, I would remove and recolour to a more even, lighter base before proceeding with the balayage.

If you are just going to tint the roots, then I would do that first if you want the balayage to go high to the scalp. If you are just balayaging the lengths and ends then you could do it at the same time.

I wouldn't use traditional balayage for this client, I would go in with teased foils and a powerful lightener (e.g. multitechniques 9 levels) + 20vol. Will get you much lighter with less damage over tine than repeated balayage and high strength developers. Olaplex would be a must. It will be a long and expensive process!

Latest posts

Back