Balayage technique, customer "fix"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitaBread

Reaction score
I have a customer coming in tomorrow for an adjustment. I balayage her hair. She wants a blonde that'll grow out good with her brown. I figured I would section it into 3 parts, her third part being darker on top with lowlights... the rest of the blonde is closer to her root (the 2 upper sections of hair...) she wants the third blonde to be closer like the two others. It's no problem but I wonder, isn't this normal technique? To let the third layer be a little darker by the root and gradually getting blonder on the bottom. This way, when worn down it looks more blended? what she wants to me sounds more like foils. hmmm... I only ask because I wonder if I should change technique now.

It might be easier to ask her for photos of what she wants. Lot's of people think of balayage as having a darker/shadow root, although she might be looking for more "traditional" balayage painted from root to tip.

It might be easier to ask her for photos of what she wants. Lot's of people think of balayage as having a darker/shadow root, although she might be looking for more "traditional" balayage painted from root to tip.

Yes the pic was of shadow root so I started high around face and layers underneath lower and lowest on lower layer. But I’ll make the adjustment. It’s no issue. I just want her happy but am a bit confused.

Latest posts

Back