Balayage troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthinker

Reaction score
So I did a balayage today on short hair for the first time. It looked lovely on the top section of the hair and through the sides, How ever , at the mid sections through the back it was patchy and liney and I have no idea why because I did the same thing through the sides and the top which blends nicely and looks good! I have no idea why this is happening . Does it happen to anyone else? And also this time I did triangle section patterns but I normally just do horizontal ... Luckily the weird bits we're underneath so all was fine but I don't want this to happen again [emoji25]

patchy could be your saturation was heavier in spots. did you remix your lightener? maybe the consistency was a bit off or not mixed completely. I've had both of those happen to me before, and like you said the top always looks fine but the underneath can look uneven.
Depending on where the lines are, do you hold your hair behind the section and paint on the lightener? could be finger marks..?
Try and post a picture, it will be easier for everyone to give advice! :)

No I don't hold the hair behind the section I hold it to a point at the ends... I think it must be a saturation thing maybe without realising I took larger sections through the mid back or something ahh I don't know! I didn't take a picture she was a client in the salon so didn't want her to know there was weird bits at the back as you can't see it !

Check that your elevation and tension is the same over the whole head so that you are always painting on a smooth section of hair. Also when going down into shorter lengths make sure to take your triangles are smaller and do more single points if you are using doubles on the longer lengths.

Thanks for your comments but I did another balayage again today and overall result was lovely seamless blend but yet again at the middle back underneath it went funny! By funny I mean liney and blocky... But I don't understand why because sides and top are perfect.. It's just really annoying not knowing why... Any good videos you can recommend ? All the ones I watch are really not helpful xx

Thanks for your comments but I did another balayage again today and overall result was lovely seamless blend but yet again at the middle back underneath it went funny! By funny I mean liney and blocky... But I don't understand why because sides and top are perfect.. It's just really annoying not knowing why... Any good videos you can recommend ? All the ones I watch are really not helpful xx

Thats a saturation issue. You need to be light as a feather and the product should lay on the hair like icing on a cake.

Have you looked at candy shaw?

Oh ok, I always feel like I'm applying the same pressure all round but maybe without realising I'm being to quick through the back. I guess it's just a practise thing.. No I haven't but il have a look thanks z

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461833596.943408.jpg
this Is the finished look, just so you can see why I get fustrates because I CAN do it , I just need to perfect it all the way through

Hair is denser in the back so you may need to look at the size of your partings

Latest posts

Back