Balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I get some feed back on work I have competed so far? PhotoGrid_1408906147185.jpg

PhotoGrid_1404054357407.jpg

20140621_141625.jpg

20140620_141214.jpg

Thanks people, the first dark balayage was a level 4.5 very dark naturally. I used a colour remover first from rusk but it only lifted to a brown. I then redarkened the roots with a 5.8ch rusk. Balayage to a orange and applied a 8.71 to make it a caramel colour. It took 6 hours could I have skipped the colour remover? I was hoping that would bring me to a orange base.

I've had a few bleach experiences which get stuck at orange. Can someone help please?

I've nearly finished my level 2 so my colour theory is not the best, neither is experience with bleach. Support will be great please, also the first balayage yiu can't see the caramel well on the pic and she did the curls herself.

Just a few more

Attachments

• 1408909244655.jpg
    1408909244655.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 1408909295969.jpg
    1408909295969.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 1408909313608.jpg
    1408909313608.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 474
  • 1408909336089.jpg
    1408909336089.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 446
  • 1408909367917.jpg
    1408909367917.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 463
To be honest pics 2 &5 are very patchy and your could of achieved a much better finish.
For the ones where there is no before pic it's hard to tell as you might have created something amazing, but they just look like bleach foils.

I like pic 6 as it's has that creative twist of a caramel with a pink (not sure if you planned that)

Are you going to do level 3? How have you learnt the knowledge for these more advanced colours?

Thanks colour girly. Pics 3 &5 are the same and it was a balayage technique on Virgin hair.

The ombre with the pink in. I tried to apply a sliver and purple crazy colour but it was a different make not crazy colour. It was very weak and i think it woukd have only taken on white hair but i also think it acted as a toner.

Ok I've learnt a lot from you tube. Probably more than what they have teached me at college. I only started in Jan and I'm doing it one night a week. I've just brought the colour book. This is great for the theory, but still I feel like I need to do the practical to learn.

I'm also getting some free colour training from rusk so I hope this helps me too. I'm determined to get good and have the knowledge I need. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

This lady was pure red. I tried to foil once then all over bleach. I think now I should have used a colour remover first then bleach.

Attachments

• 1408914312799.jpg
    1408914312799.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 378
Sounds like some colour outcomes by mistake then?

Where your colour choices on some of them maybe you could get advice that way?

If the first one took 6 hours and wasn't the desired outcome and the other one didnt come out lilac or silver were the clients happy?

Another question are these models at college or paying clients?

Friends so I'm learning off them they know that. I didn't like the thought of making mistakes but it seems like I'm learning a lot from them at the moment.

I'm not getting what I need from college so trying the hard way I guess.

You will get the knowledge at some point but it takes years, one day a week for 8 months you are attempting quiet advanced colours that you probably wouldnt do for another 2 years, have you mastered the basics yet?

The first one took so long as I used rusk colour remover twice. It never lifted much but I put that down to her being a very dark natural base? Am I wrong I don't know as it's the first time I've used it?

The first one took so long as I used rusk colour remover twice. It never lifted much but I put that down to her being a very dark natural base? Am I wrong I don't know as it's the first time I've used it?

Very dark natural base? Did you use it on virgin hair?

I feel very confident with all my cuts/ basic colours. Still need to learn more about texturising ect.

I'm trying to get my head around colours and the theory but still it changes when you do it in practice.

I know I probably am jumping the gun. I'm 28 got in to this late after training in hair extensions and feeling useless I couldn't finish hair with a cut. I may not have time to do level 3 with 2 small children. I'd love to do/learn hairdressing all day every day, but I also want to be there for my youngest son and not miss his first years.

So I study on the Internet the best I can watching cutting videos and reading the books I have. I really am a salon geek haha. I know I'll get there, it's in reach just not quite lol x

No she had lots of colour build up from dark dyes with red in. So I thought I would try the remover. I did expect it to go ginger but It didn't budge much, just to brown base 5/6 very warm.

You might be running a little before you can walk as you seem unsure on your colour corrections. There's so much to learn all the time for even the basics, just don't attempt something that could end up in a sticky situation.

No she had lots of colour build up from dark dyes with red in. So I thought I would try the remover. I did expect it to go ginger but It didn't budge much, just to brown base 5/6 very warm.

That's pretty much what a colour remover should do, you only get that orange when you lift with a bleach- just a little tip- if it didn't do much the first time it's isn't going to do much the second time.

I know thank you for your opinion anway I appreciate it. I'm hoping this extra training will help even more. And I will slow down I just can't help myself I really want to work and be good at it...

That's pretty much what a colour remover should do, you only get that orange when you lift with a bleach- just a little tip- if it didn't do much the first time it's isn't going to do much the second time.

Ok so if she was a lighter base any way light 6/7 would this come through with a colour remover? As I did think that every time we dye out hair the peroxide changes the underlying colour?

Must not strictly technical but imagine colour like layers of nail varnish - imagine you never removed it. Every time you painted your nails you just layered it and layered it. Occasionally using gel polish along the way- Colour remover would remove 1-2 layers each time.

If you've coloured the hair once it would return to a 6/7, but will different layer and different brands etc you will only scratch the surface.

So a colour remover isn't always the best option?

Must not strictly technical but imagine colour like layers of nail varnish - imagine you never removed it. Every time you painted your nails you just layered it and layered it. Occasionally using gel polish along the way- Colour remover would remove 1-2 layers each time.

If you've coloured the hair once it would return to a 6/7, but will different layer and different brands etc you will only scratch the surface.

That is a very good explanation/comparison

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back