Bald patches with hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I've had a girl come to me for a consualtion for hair extensions.

She has two quite large bald patches on ether side of her head, but not big enough that it will cause any gap when the extensions are applied.

The rest of her hair is fine no breakage, is on the thinner side but it's just like a normal head of hair.

She said she has been to the doctors twice about the bald spots and was told it's not alepica.

Ive told her I will check it's okay to apply the extensions first, what's everyone's thoughts? I'd want her to sign something to say the bald spots were already there and take a pic etc and that I'd want to check them after 4 weeks to see there okay.

First off you need to identify whether she is on any medication that can cause hair loss.. I've also recently researched that the contraceptive pill can cause hair to thin and hair loss. I personally wouldn't fit hair extensions until I can see hair actively growing back in the patches not when the scalp is still smooth. But make sure you stay well away from the patches. Also I would 100% get her to sign a declaration xx

I would not fit the extensions if the client has bald patches

First off you need to identify whether she is on any medication that can cause hair loss.. I've also recently researched that the contraceptive pill can cause hair to thin and hair loss. I personally wouldn't fit hair extensions until I can see hair actively growing back in the patches not when the scalp is still smooth. But make sure you stay well away from the patches. Also I would 100% get her to sign a declaration xx
Thanks for the reply no she isn't on any medication for hair loss, there is hair growing on the patches, and she said it grows there but then falls out but only on those two patches and said she's had it for ages but doctors have said it's just from stress :/ x

I would get her to sign a disclaimer hun. you can only go by what she is telling you. Id write up a tailored disclaimer to suit her. I personally wouldnt put them in but if she was adament she wanted them id get her to sign something to protect yourself & her. Xx

Thanks for the reply no she isn't on any medication for hair loss, there is hair growing on the patches, and she said it grows there but then falls out but only on those two patches and said she's had it for ages but doctors have said it's just from stress :/ x
If it is growing back and then falling out then there is more of a bigger problem as the cause could be anything!

I have had clients whom came to myself with bald batches from clip ins but when they started to wear prebonds they hair grew back. One particular client has been with me 18 months and the bald patches are completely gone x

Latest posts

Back