Bald spots with extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavallipink

Reaction score
I've been wearing a Jessica Simpson hair weft piece to give my own hair some volume and length. I love it, it really does wonders for my hair and looks natural on. But I have noticed when I take it out, my head has been hurting from the clips as I put it in tightly incase it falls out too loosley. I have ignored this problem and when I did my hair the other day I noticed I didn't have much hair on the top of my scalp.

I'm quite worried on what to do now, because my hair is short it never grows because I've got bleached blonde hair not full, only with foils. And I don't want to give up the colour and go back to being dark as I hate it. I am going to ring the doctor up and try and make a appointment to see what they have to say. Though, I have been quite stressed latley, and my Mum told me she once had bald spots in the same place but she's never had extensions in her hair. Could it be that ?

Has anyone else had this sort of problem with hair extensions ?

hi there, ive seen this problem before but when a girl had the glue in extensions. as she had took them out, she pulled them rather than doing it the proper way. so this is what had made her have bald patches. ive not seen it with the clip extentions but if you are putting them into tight then you are oviously damaging the hair and it is breaking off when you take them out. are you back combing the hair before you put the clips in? if so are you doing it to aggresivly?? and are you doing it on a dailey basis. what id say is to give your hair a good break from wearing the hair and see your doctor to see if it is an under lying problem of somthing else that could be causing the patches.could it be alopecia which in some cases can happen through stress related problems and also can be hereditory. you said your mum used to have bald patches?? hope what ive said helps and i hope everything gets back to normal:)

Hi ,
Can you confirm, is the hair loss in the same place that you attach you clip in to. If so then very likely they are the cause and you just need to make sure that you move your positioning off them regulary. If not then definately worth seeking proffesionsl advice.
I have only really seen this once with clip ins and she did wear them constantly. She has now moved to the more semi permanent individual extensions and the hair loss has returned beautifully
Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back