Ballerina bun!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneyed gal

Reaction score
How so you achieve the perfect bun with a doughnut??

xx

I used to wear one of these for work and I just pulled my long hair into a pony tail and then, slipped the ring through and then put my finger in the middle of the pony tail at the roots to be able to split the hair into smaller sections, then tucked those sections of the hair under the ring tightly and sort of wrapped the last bit around the underneath of the ring to bring it all together. Doing it professionally you can use pins on the client to hold it in place too for a neater finish.

I always think it looks more finished with a small fine hair net too rather than just left as is.

A lot of stewardess etc. wear it without the net and for a lot of them their hair sprouts out of it and doesn't look polished imo.

Another thing I hate to see is dark nets on blond hair, or black pins for that matter.

Last edited:
I have really long hair so I do what jacqueline said and put my hair in a pony and put it through the ring.

I then arrange it over the ring and put another hair band over the ring so it's all smooth.

Obviously you then have long hair all the way round the ring so I twist it, wrap it around the ring and pin so it covers the hair band :)

Hope that all makes sense lol :D

When i use one i put my hair in a pony, put the hair through the bun but leaving the bun at the ends of the hair and then smooth the hair round the bun and turn the bun round and round (inside out ways) untill you reach the top of the ponytail and then all the hair is wrapped round the bun....i really hope that makes sense but i cant see it doing ha ha!

Alexandra x

When i use one i put my hair in a pony, put the hair through the bun but leaving the bun at the ends of the hair and then smooth the hair round the bun and turn the bun round and round (inside out ways) untill you reach the top of the ponytail and then all the hair is wrapped round the bun....i really hope that makes sense but i cant see it doing ha ha!

Alexandra x

That's how one of the girls at work said she does it, found it abit tricky thought!! 😊 x

youtube has tutorials on how it's done, have a look :biggrin:

basically career woman used the same way.

I have tried both ways rolling the ring over and over I find to be easier on myself but smoothing and pinning over the ring on others :)

Latest posts

Back