Balmain Hair Extensions....are they any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I am a hairdresser, but studying nails at college and they are doing a timeout course in the hairdressing section doing balmain hair extensions, I was going to book my place tomorrow when i'm next in college, now my friend (who is always pessimistic about things) says she's heard they are rubbish and not worth doing the course!

The course with the kit is about £250 (big saving because its in college)and I do want to do it, but before I pay out I was wondering if anyone uses or has used these extensions and what you thought of them?

Looking forward to any answers....:hug:

Personally I don't use them but have heard that the training is quite good although the hair quality is a bit variable. For 250 for training I would say go for it. It will give you a knowledge and foundation in hair ext if nothing else.

Personally I don't use them but have heard that the training is quite good although the hair quality is a bit variable. For 250 for training I would say go for it. It will give you a knowledge and foundation in hair ext if nothing else.

Hi, I agree with what persianista says , although I personally dont use their singles extensions hair,
( as I prefer to pre bond my own choice of pure virgin hair )

I did do the Balmian course a good while back , and I thought the training was of an excellent and very high standard indeed ,

I went on the colour and design course booked at salons direct , this is the course I would personally reccomend ,
as persianista says "will give you the ground knowledge you need to know" plus the all important certification you will need for your insurance purposes.

After doing the colour and design course (which is single hair extensions)
I would advise you to practice load and research all other methods ,
as most other methods will fall into place very easily once you know the important knowledge of placement and the right amount of hair you need to use need for your hair extension techniques ,

so.... personally I would recommend perfecting the colour and design course first, before parting with any more hard earned cash on other similar courses,
anyway you will get some great advice on here so good luck and keep us posted

Ps .... do stay away from the dreaded "cheap hair" don't even be tempted look at it :zzz: lol :lol: and you will be successful if you listen to all the seasoned professionals on here and work hard ,

I use Balmain hair and have never had a problem with the hair. Their Double hair is fantastic, my client's hair lasts 6 months and beyond.

You have to start with the colour and and design course. It starts right from the beginning from origin of the hair, placement and removal. The colour and design is only the basics. If you have never done extensions before I would recommend you then go on to do the double hair course. This will expand your knowledge and re-inforce application and any problems you may have. This course is also a more intensive approach to lengthening hair.
The colour and design course is only designed to introduce into the world of extensions and to teach application of colour and volume techniques using extensions. This is where you can make quick money and introduce the most unlikely of clients to extensions.

Balmain are now the No1 extension company and also the best value for money concerning their training.

Hi, I also agree that Balmains training is excellent value for money ,

When I did my training many years ago,
Balmain put training DVDs of both systems in the colour and design pack .

I actually thought this was a very good idea as people can look at it first and then decide first if it interests them enough before they go ahead with it.

I have heard that the double hair product is very good ,

but after completing the colour and design course
I found they wanted me to sign up for the double hair straight away ,

but I found I was very happy with my singles extensions training
I found the colour and design course more than adequate for what I needed :) x minky

Thank you all for your replies :hug: it has been very helpful, and hopefully tomorrow I will be booked on the course which runs at the end of April x I will keep you posted :hug:

Hi

We are running a Balmain Hair Extension Course on Monday 12th April 2010 at our wholesalers near Sheffield

It is £275 + VAT for a place
& this includes your full days training & a complete starter kit worth £200

If you would like any details emailing to you regarding what the course entails, please feel free to contact me

Many thanks

Kirsty

Georgie Salon Supplies
Suppliers to the hair & beauty trade

www.georgiesalonsupplies.co.uk

Latest posts

Back