Banding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Hey, got to sort out some awful banding and need advice!

The client has golden banding of around 2 inches at scalp, then a 1cm band of blonde, then another 2 inch of gold and the rest blonde.
I just wants point out that I haven't done this lol.
Ok, my q is, she says the salon did a toner, which can be seen from the slightly purple ends, it has completely washed off the gold, so should I re bleach these gold bits, spending ages to not overlap the blonde, just re bleach from roots over the gold and cm of blonde, straight to the blo de ends and stop there? Or use a high lift or 9.2 toner with 9% (9%for 9.2 only to give it a bit more lift and hopefully keep the finish when the violet washes out) and keep my fingers crossed?
Xoxo

Has she any natural? If not bleach with 10vol shud Lift this pretty quick then tone with something like 9v, 9.02 9.16 8.96 your choice lol x

Bleach the blonde band too or just the gold, and no regrowth at min xoxo

Btw knew it would be u or perry commenting first, which halfords fitted the radar? Xoxo

Obviously try to avoid the band of blonde but if not possible work quick!! X

Thank you!! Will just go over it as the hair is in great condition and strong, so should be fine. Xoxo

Sorry :) just throwing a slightly different opinion out. The only trouble with just going over it is there will always be a certain level of banding, blonde being ultra blonde after extra lift (no matter how quick you work) and gold lifting to nice blonde, still results in a band, just different from before. Personally I would only pick out the gold and keep an eye on it so it lifts same colour as the rest. Then tone with a beigy toner like L'oreal Luo PO. Bit of a boring long patchwork job but worth it in the end ;)

Latest posts

Back