Bank Holiday pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I have an apprentice she doesn't work Mondays has this is her normal day off.

Tuesday at college
Wed-sat in salon

College has told her that Tuesday will be her bank holiday. Is this correct?
Cause if she don't work Monday how can this be this case?

Years ago when I was an apprentice for a short while we discussed this at college, I used to miss out on bank holidays because Monday was out closed day but some girls used to get an extra day off during the week instead

I don't think there is a legal requirement to give an extra day off, it's basically just down to the employers choice

Years ago when I was an apprentice for a short while we discussed this at college, I used to miss out on bank holidays because Monday was out closed day but some girls used to get an extra day off during the week instead

I don't think there is a legal requirement to give an extra day off, it's basically just down to the employers choice

Thankyou.
X

Bank holidays usually come into your holiday allowance so if you work a 5 day week, you are entitled to minimum of 28 days hol. There are 8 bank hols a year so that would leave you with 20 days to take as annual leave. If you normally have a day off on a Monday, you should get a day in leiu to take either that week or a mutually agreed time. If you look on government website there is an annual leave calculator to help you work out if you have part time staff.

Bank holidays usually come into your holiday allowance so if you work a 5 day week, you are entitled to minimum of 28 days hol. There are 8 bank hols a year so that would leave you with 20 days to take as annual leave. If you normally have a day off on a Monday, you should get a day in leiu to take either that week or a mutually agreed time. If you look on government website there is an annual leave calculator to help you work out if you have part time staff.

Works 31 hrs
Comes up at 5.6 weeks?
So would that be 26 days ? Inc bank holidays x

I'm not sure, I think 28 is the minimum for full time employees regardless of if they work more than 5 days, I'm sure I read that even if they do 6 days, that doesn't mean they get more holiday. It may be easier to work it out in hours rather than days, I think it gives you the option to do that. I rang ACAS once as I had an employee who only worked term time and it made it tricky to work out her annual leave and they were really helpful so maybe call them to double check.

Think I need to cause if I put in 4 days which would be same amount of hours she is doing. Works out at 22.4
So basically 23 days, crazy 😕

But that would include bank hols too so prob about right.

So must be paying 6 bank holidays not 8.
Thankyou xx

Latest posts

Back