Bank refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
Have any of you successfully got a refund from your bank?

Long story but I signed up for a ptlls online course... Bunch of cowboys, no help, no feedback, don't answer emails, cancelled micro teach last minute,rude office staff, the list goes on....

Anywhoo they revue to refund me, have said I had no intention of completing the course when I had sent it in.. They can't offer me an alternative micro teach date in the next few months that I can attend so can't complete, I tried to rearrange a previous commitment to accommodate them but now they won't confirm... Aarrrgh!

I paid by PayPal, who took the money from my account, PayPal dont refund online training, so I asked my bank.. They filled in a complaint form BUT now I've been told because PayPal takes payment from my account by direct debit the bank won't help either!

I can't see how I'm left out of pocket nearly £300 for something not completed or even as described and if the company refuse a refund that's it! I don't use credit cards and thought I would be covered by PayPal or my bank... So let down, anyone have any ideas?

Have any of you successfully got a refund from your bank?

Long story but I signed up for a ptlls online course... Bunch of cowboys, no help, no feedback, don't answer emails, cancelled micro teach last minute,rude office staff, the list goes on....

Anywhoo they revue to refund me, have said I had no intention of completing the course when I had sent it in.. They can't offer me an alternative micro teach date in the next few months that I can attend so can't complete, I tried to rearrange a previous commitment to accommodate them but now they won't confirm... Aarrrgh!

I paid by PayPal, who took the money from my account, PayPal dont refund online training, so I asked my bank.. They filled in a complaint form BUT now I've been told because PayPal takes payment from my account by direct debit the bank won't help either!

I can't see how I'm left out of pocket nearly £300 for something not completed or even as described and if the company refuse a refund that's it! I don't use credit cards and thought I would be covered by PayPal or my bank... So let down, anyone have any ideas?

Do you use a business bank account? Really it should lay with PayPal but they're useless as the best of time.

If it was taken by paypal via direct debit you are covered by the direct debit guarantee. Part of which includes the right to perform a direct debit indemnity claim (tell your bank you want to do it) if you dispute an ammount. It shouod then be transferred back and your dispute investigated. You shouldn't have a problem regarding further investigation as you haven't recieved what you have paid for.

I've been emailing and calling the company all week, completely ignoring me and the microteach is supposed to be next week...smack bang in the middle of the games in the centre of Glasgow in a hotel...I can't see it going ahead,,but if they won't even answer me! I'll call one last time tomorrow before I go to the bank and trading standards.

Latest posts

Back