Barbering help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessClaire

Reaction score
I am a qualified level 2 hairdresser and i have just completed a 20 week barbering course. i have no problem with the cutting side and find myself coping much better with the clippers and blending. the only problem i am having is blending the line from a number one to the hair or from short back and sides. i find it easier say if i do the back and sides with a 2 and blend with that. the shorter the base the more i find it hard to blend the line in. does anybody have any advice on this. thanks...:lol:

Shave first with a number 2 up to the point where you will blend into the haircut. Pop your 1 on and adjust the blade to make it a 1 1/2. Shave again leaving about 3/4 inch of the previous shaved 2 there. Then adjust blade to a 1 and shave again leaving about 1/2 inch of the previous shaved 1 1/2.
This should make it easier to blend with minimal work. :)

to adjust it to a 1 1/2 do you adjust the leaver on the left side of the clippers to bring the blade out like you do to blend? thanks for your help i will practice this.

Yes you do :) Always try to keep your blade angled once the guard is off, then you won't take too much off whilst blending.

angled slightly out from the head? thanks just ive been finding it very difficult blending the longer hair into the very short hair. you have been great

Yes, angled out from the head. Your welcome :)

Also if you are still having great difficulty with tiny lines you can cheat a bit and use a good pair of thinners over the comb to blend away small lines of demarcation ,
a lot of barbers use this technique as it saves an awful lot of time

but.... it's allowed :lol: lol

I forgot about that Minky! yeah, I always do that for my final blend.

thanks guys you have been great i will try all those techniques :)

Latest posts

Back